Friday, June 22, 2012
Pepperl+Fuchs introduces CVM42H CANopen Multi-Turn Absolute Encoders. These encoders feature a stainless steel housing, flange and shaft, and utilize magnetic sampling to deliver 24 bit resolution position value through the CANopen protocol. This robust design makes them ideally suited for harsh environments with high mechanical stresses typically found in mobile equipment, crane, steel production, wind turbine and packaging applications, among others.
CVM42H absolute encoders are available with an IP66, IP68 or IP69K environmental rating. They boast axial and radial shaft load capacity to 270 N, and are vibration resistant to 30 g and shock resistant to 300 g. They are rated for use in operating temperatures from -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F) to +85 degrees C (185 degrees F).
Pepperl+Fuchs is a world leader in the design, manufacture and application of high quality factory and process automation products and services. Pepperl+Fuchs pioneered the development of proximity sensors 50 years ago, and has set the standard for innovation and quality ever since.
Pepperl+Fuchs, 1600 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, OH 44087; (330) 486-0001; fax: (330) 405-4710; email@example.com; www.pepperl-fuchs.us.
Pepperl+Fuchs CANopen Absolute Encoders
Pepperl+Fuchs Technical Datasheets
Banner has developed the PVL retroreflective light grid for reliable coverage to help streamline part picking processes. This product complements their PVA, PVD, and K50 products, offering cost-effective and reliable technology easily adapted for specific manufacturing scenarios.
- Rugged metal housing with 225 mm monitoring span
- Suitable for most environments
- Opto-mechanical alignment with bright red emitter beams for easy setup
- Two color LED indication arrow: Bright Green for “Pick” and Flashing Red for “Missed Pick”.
- Highly visible for error verification
- Flexible mounting option and rugged steel mounting brackets
- Both vertical and horizontal with easy alignment
- Retroreflective tape can be placed on adjacent unit or on the bracket
- Brackets available for tube racks and square profile racking
TURCK introduces the new rotary single axis inclinometer, expanding its dual axis CANopen inclinometer offering for angular tilt detection. With a monitoring range of 360 degrees, the single axis inclinometer provides extended application flexibility, allowing operators to easily monitor mechanical arms, such as tensioners or moving components. Its CANopen communications also makes it ideally suited for mobile equipment, such as monitoring and reporting position of outriggers, booms or other vertically rotating parts.
The single axis inclinometer measures angular tilt in reference to gravity. At the heart of the TURCK inclinometer are MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical system) devices that incorporate micro-electromechanical capacitive elements into the sensor that utilize two parallel plate electrodes, one stationary and one attached to a springmass system. Movement causes acceleration that produces deflection in the non-stationary electrodes. This results in a measurable change in the capacitance between the two plates that is proportional to the angle of deflection. All measured values and parameters are accessible via the object directory. The micro board design in the MEMS technology allows for a compact, precise inclinometer in a very robust, industrialized package.
“Employing technology from our proven dual axis inclinometer, which monitors angles of up to 85 degrees in ether the x or y axis, the single axis inclinometer extends the sensing capabilities to complete up to 360 degree rotational monitoring,” said Marty Cwach, Product Manager at TURCK. “Now, our customers can satisfy virtually any application requiring 360 monitoring.”
TURCK single axis inclinometers offer rugged, IP68-rated housing and reliable operation in temperatures ranging from -40 to +70°C.
Turck Rotary Single Axis CANopen Inclinometer
Turck Technical Datasheets
HI-TECH, SOPHISTICATED, CLASSY... COOL! ...that's what people will think when they see your latest project made from black finished components from 80/20. What they won't know is that it only looks expensive! You saved a bundle and got the job done faster by using 80/20's new STOCK BLACK ANODIZE PROFILE offering! By stocking these materials and machining them AFTER the anodize process, 80/20 offers significant savings and faster turnaround times.
- Significant savings on stock black extrusions!
- No waiting 2 weeks or more on special orders!
- No more minimum orders or batch costs for black anodize parts!
80/20 Black Anodize Profiles
80/20 Technical Datasheets
Rittal Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of our Blue E air conditioners. The Blue E air conditioners offer up to a 45% gain in energy efficiency, and in a customer field test the amount of energy used by the Blue E air conditioner was reduced 70% when compared to a standard air conditioner.
- These energy-saving air conditioners are available with output from 1700 to 16800 BTU (500 to 4000 W)
- Savings of up to 45% energy consumption with the same cooling output; up to 70% energy savings compared with a conventional Rittal TopTherm Plus air conditioner in field trials
- Previous units with Comfort controller are now “Blue e” generation; part numbers remain the same
- Identical cut-out dimensions
- Eco-mode control Intelligent, targeted use of energy thanks to the new eco-mode control from Rittal
Rittal announces their SE8 line of freestanding enclosures. Unlike bayed enclosure suites with frames and removable side panels, the body of the SE8 - consisting of two side panels and a roof - is made from one piece of sheet steel. The rear panel of the enclosure is screwed on for easy access and cable entry can be handled in a variety of ways using the integrated base frame. The full compatibility with the TS8 system makes it easy to integrate the SE8 freestanding enclosure with other bayed TS8 systems.
Because the enclosure body and the section of the SE8 are formed out of one piece of sheet steel, overall cost is reduced. The SE8 offers major potential savings, especially in larger widths where a single enclosure can be used instead of multiple bayed enclosures.
Rittal SE8 Freestanding Enclosures
Rittal Technical Datasheets
Banner Engineering's Flush Mount E-Stop buttons are ideal for various emergency stop safety applications. The easy to install E-Stops are available in four model styles: standard actuator, illuminated standard actuator, lockable actuator, and an illuminated lockable actuator. The illuminated buttons provide an indication of a pressed button for easy identification. The LED illumination can be controlled by a +24Vac/dc signal.
The lockable style actuator can provide supervisory or personal control and is intended to prevent unauthorized or accidental resetting of a pushed button by applying a padlock once the button is actuated. It is important to note that the lockable models are not to be used as an energy isolating device or as the sole means of complying with Lockout/Tagout.
- Push-to-stop, twist-to-release (both styles) or pull-to-release (standard actuator only) operation per IEC60947-5-5.
- Latching design complies with ISO 13850; direct (positive) opening operation per IEC 60947-5-1.
- Safe Break Action ensures NC contacts will open if the contact block is separated from the actuator
- Multiple buttons can be interfaced and series connected with CSS Series Hookup Cordsets
- Compliant with ANSI B11.19, ANSI NFPA79, and IEC/EN 60204-1 Emergency Stop requirements
- Models with RED LED indication of actuation (depressed/latched button) allows for easy identification of an actuated button.
- 4-, 5-, or 8-pin M12/Euro-style Quick Disconnect with various contact configurations such as 2NC, 1NC/1NO and 2NC/2NO; illuminated models with 2NC/1NO.
- Easy installation with no assembly, individual wiring or additional enclosure required
- Reduces intensive labor costs with a fully enclosed E-Stop button ready for installation
- Models designed to interface with Safety BUS nodes/gateways Rugged design rated to IP65.
- “Emergency Stop” legend label included.
Phoenix Contact is pleased to announce the addition of Axioline to our IP20 I/O offering. Axioline was designed for applications requiring high speed data acquisition. This can be achieved because Axioline’s backplane only adds a 1 μs offset per I/O module allowing the I/O to synchronize with the control network.
- UL Pending
- Network support for Profinet. In the future the offering is being expanded to Support the following networks: SercosIII, Profibus, Modbus/TCP, EtherNet/IP and Ethercat
- Connection of up to 63 I/O devices per station
- 1 μs update time per I/O module. The update rate per I/O station is therefore calculated based on the number of I/O modules. Example: 6 32 point I/O modules or 192 I/O points can be updated in 6 μs
- Extended temperature range of -25°C to +60°C
- Extended protection against EMC thanks to adjustable input filter times
- Tool-less installation with Push-in connection technology for all I/O signals. Solid conductors or conductors with ferrules can be inserted directly into the terminal
- Intelligent marking systems from Phoenix Contact simplifies device marking
- Modules design supports I/O cabling from above and below the module
- Startup+ simplifies the configuration and testing without the need for the higher level control system
Phoenix Contact's long awaited VL BPC 1000 is now available. This low-cost box PC is based upon the Intel Atom N455 1.6 GHz CPU. The product has a very small form factor, mounts on a DIN-rail, has 3 COM ports and is very energy efficient.
The addition of the VL BPC 1000 to the Valueline portfolio of industrial PC products provides you with even more options when it comes to PC choices for their applications. The BPC 1000 series extends the box IPC family as the regular temperature model. The extended temperature VL MINI (2700773) remains as the choice for applications in extremely harsh environments.
Phoenix Contact VL BPC 1000 Box PC
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
The MSTB and FKC lock-and-release connectors from Phoenix Contact contain levers that automatically snap-lock onto the header during insertion. This enables convenient ejection of the plug. The function of the lock-and-release lever is self-explanatory and easy to use.
Headers are available in either horizontal or vertical PCB-mount and can be applied using wave solder processes. High-temperature, pin-in-paste headers are also available for reflow soldering.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic locking during insertion of the plug into the header
- Ensures convenient ejection of the plug
- Self-explanatory operation
- In case of restricted space, a screwdriver can be used for lever extension
- Headers are compatible with both MSTB -LR and FKC -LR plug connectors
- MSTB -LR plugs with screw style wire termination
- FKC -LR plugs offer fast push in spring wire termination
- 24 to 12 AWG
- 12 A and 300 V rating
- Spacing: 5.08 mm
- Height of plug: 15 mm
- Horizontal header height: 8.6 mm
- Vertical header height: 12 mm
The newest in the Rittal system of TS8 modular enclosures is ready to set the standard in every market with new single-door freestanding and double-door floormount models in stainless steel rated to the UL Type 4X standard.
The TS8 system of modular enclosures has proven its worth around the world and now it’s up for even greater challenges with all new stainless steel, UL Type 4X models. When it comes to protecting critical equipment in the harshest environments and most demanding conditions Rittal has what you need.
Available in Type 304 stainless steel the new models are designed for easy access and easy configuration. They offer as much as 15 percent more space than other designs thanks to three-dimensional frame structure.
Component installation is simplified by a series of accessory platforms that clip into the frame without drilling, tapping or welding. Mounting panels easily slide in so there’s no need to reposition the enclosure to install hardware – everything goes in and out while the enclosure is in a normal upright position.
Design and construction features that put the new TS8 stainless steel enclosures in a class of their own include:
- Available in five single-door freestanding and five double-door floormount sizes
- Floormount versions are equipped with 12-inch, bolt-on legs
- Zinc-plated mounting panel, C-fold sides, depth adjustments in 1-inch intervals
- Solid frame sections punched with a 1-inch hole pattern for universal interior installation of accessories
- #4 brushed surfaces
- UL Type 4X rating
Rittal UL Type 4X Stainless Steel TS8 Enclosures
Rittal Technical Datasheets
TURCK introduces a new stainless steel version of the company’s junction boxes, designed to provide a robust connectivity solution on corrosive off-shore platforms. Featuring FM approval for Class 1, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D hazardous locations and rated IP67, the junction box ensures optimal performance in areas that present harsh environmental conditions such as dust, water and salt spray.
The new junction box features a cast 316 stainless steel housing to resist corrosion in salt spray environments, including chloride corrosion, to ensure continuous connectivity operation. Designed for use on off-shore drilling platforms and other ocean-bound equipment, TURCK stainless steel junction boxes can be mounted directly on the machine in hazardous environments, with no enclosure required. Further, to ensure the device meets industry specifications, the junction box receptacles are also stainless steel and rated IP67 as long as the ports are covered/connected.
“Stainless steel junction boxes advance the rugged dependability of our process automation connectivity products,” said Chris Vitale, Senior Product Manager for TURCK. “Now, we can offer our customers a durable housing option while maintaining the same trusted connectorized solution for their fieldbus networks.”
TURCK stainless steel junction boxes are available in six and eight port models, and can be utilized with M12 and minifast (7/8”) connectors sizes. They are also designed to house existing circuit boards and receptacle housings. These junction boxes simplify the connection of multiple field devices for PROFIBUS®-PA and FOUNDATION Fieldbus™ networks.
Turck Stainless Steel Junction Boxes
Turck Technical Datasheets
Honeywell Sensing and Control SS360NT/SS360ST/SS460S High Sensitivity Bipolar Latching Digital Hall-Effect Sensor ICs
The SS360NT/SS360ST/SS460S High Sensitivity Bipolar Latching Digital Hall-effect Sensor ICs are small, sensitive, and versatile devices operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to alternating North and South poles. The SS360NT is turned ON by a North pole, while the SS360ST and SS460S are turned ON by a South pole. They offer reverse polarity protection, deliver a stable output over a -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F] temperature range, and can accept any dc supply voltage from 3 to 24 Vdc.
Fastest response: For brushless dc motor manufacturers that need latching sensor ICs with reliable, consistent performance for efficient and small designs, Honeywell’s family of new High Sensitivity Latching Digital Hall-effect Sensor ICs respond to low magnetic fields and offer consistent repeatability while providing the fastest response to a change in magnetic field for enhanced motor efficiency.
No chopper stabilization: Unlike competitive high sensitivity Hall-effect latches, Honeywell offers reliable switching points with high magnetic sensitivity of 30 G typical (55 G maximum) without using chopper stabilization on the Hall element, resulting in a clean output signal and the fastest latch response time in its class.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High sensitivity: Operate from only 30 Gauss typical, at 25°C [77 °F] and 55 Gauss maximum over the full -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F] temperature range, allowing for the use of smaller, magnets or a wider air gap
- Fastest response time: Provides for more efficiency in commutating a brushless dc motor and offers a clean output signal due to no chopper stabilization
- Bipolar latching magnetics: Makes these products wellsuited for accurate speed sensing and RPM (revolutions per minute) measurement
- Sub-miniature, SOT-23 surface mount package (SS360NT/SS360ST) supplied on tape and reel: Allows for compact design with automated component placement
- Small, leaded, flat TO-92-style package (SS460S): Allows for a compact PC board layout
- Wide operating voltage range of 3 to 24 Vdc: Allows for potential use in a wide range of applications
- Built-in reverse voltage: Enhances the protection of the sensor and the circuits
- Durable design: Allows operation up to 150 °C [302 °F]
- RoHS-compliant material meet Directive 2002/95/EC