Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Turck announces its new range of 8mm barrel inductive proximity sensors. The technology of the ferrite core sensors has evolved, increasing the sensing range by up to 50 percent. As a result, flush mounted solutions can now be offered with an extended sensing range of 3mm as well as with the conventional sensing range of 2mm. The non-flush sensors are likewise available with a 3 or 5mm sensing range. Thanks to the newly developed sensor electronics, Turck is also now able to produce devices with an ultra-short 15mm design.
The modular development approach of the sensor series has led to a broad range of variants that allows users to find the ideal 8mm barrel sensor for their application, without having to compromise. The sensors are available in 15, 22, 30 and 40mm lengths. On the connectivity side, Turck is offering M8 or M12 connectors as well as sensors with a cable outlet, which in turn can be ordered with a 3- or 4-wire connection as NC or changeover contacts.
The sensors with a cable outlet are provided with a cable suitable for E-chain use, and a semi-transparent LED ring at the sensor end, which shows the sensing state from any viewing angle. The sensors are IP67 rated, and have an operating temperature of -25° C to 70° C.
Turck Extended Range M8 Sensors
Turck Technical Datasheets
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Phoenix Contact introduces Crimpfox 16R TWIN, crimping pliers for twin ferrules according to UL 486F with a VM crimp profile. The twin ferrule crimper, part of the TOOL fox product line, has three marked die stations for 6, 8, and 10 American Wire Gauge. It offers an unlockable pressure lock, lateral entry, robust, durable solid construction, and features ergonomic handles with a non-slip pressure pad.
Phoenix Contact CRIMPFOX 16R TWIN
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
With the release of the SF-Socket Set 47, Phoenix Contact’s TOOL fox product line now has a solid 1⁄4” screw set with comprehensive equipment. The set is organized in a breakage- and impact-resistant, robust plastic case with metal fastening.
- A ratcheting mechanism with 48 teeth, enabling precise work even in tight working environments
- Optimum power transmission without damaging the screw head, thanks to the special edge geometries
- Made from chrome vanadium steel for a long service life
Phoenix Contact 1/4" Screw Socket Set
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
New to Banner Engineering’s Vantage Line series of fiber optics are opposed mode plastic fibers with a one-piece fiber and lens construction. The integrated glass ball lens:
- Simplifies installation
- Ensures that the lens will not fall out in high-vibration applications
- Is more cost-effective than purchasing plastic fibers and a separate lens assembly
- Provides a very narrow beam which minimizes the chance of light reflecting around a target in dense sensing environments
Banner Engineering Vantage Line Plastic Fibers
Banner Engineering Technical Datasheets
The DRSCN line of DIN rail mount sockets from Crydom are designed to accept the industry standard 5mm wide relay package and they complement the CN series of plug-in SSRs offer. These sockets are 6.2mm wide and mount onto any standard 35mm DIN rail.
The DRSCN30 is the latest model, offering a wide input range (3-12VDC, 15-30VDC, 4-30VDC) and an LED input status indicator. These sockets are C-UL-US recognized and are CE compliant.
Crydom DRSCN30 DIN Rail Mount Socket
Crydom Technical Datasheets
Monday, May 1, 2017
IDEC's ISMD23E is a size 23 3-in-1 Integrated Stepper Motor + Drive + Controller package with network interface. It is a self-contained motion control product that is easy to install while delivering best-in-class performance at a competitive price.
ISMD23E incorporates a Stepper motor + drive + controller into a single product that interfaces to the MicroSmart FC6A PLC over the Modbus TCP network. We've reduced total system costs and simplified installation because users only have to purchase one product versus a separate controller, drive, and motor. Plus, programming & configuration is streamlined because it uses user-defined macro instructions in WindLDR PLC programming software. No additional software is required, and users don't need to learn another programming language!
- Stepper motor + drive + controller integrated for optimum performance
- High-torque, NEMA frame size 23 stepper motor
- Powerful 3.4 amp, DC-powered micro stepping drive
- Anti-resonance circuitry ensures smooth performance at any speed
- Space saving design simplifies installation with reduced wiring
- Optional M12 connectors for rigorous applications requiring IP50 or IP67 rating
The ISMD23 Size 23 Integrated Stepper Motor + Drive package from IDEC combines value-driven pricing and simplified installation in a dynamically matched drive-to-motor package that optimizes a wide range of industrial automation applications.
Powerful 3.4 amp stepper drive technology has been designed into this package to achieve a space-saving design that delivers outstanding performance.
Simplified installation begins with configuration software that allows you to configure the current level, the idle current amount and the steps per revolution over an RS232 serial link from your PC.
While the ISMD23 size 23 Integrated Stepper Motor + Drive is configured over a serial link, motion is controlled by a separate device, such as a stepper indexer, that outputs step and direction signals.
- Stepper motor + drive dynamicallymatched to optimize performance/ reliability
- High-torque, NEMA-frame size 23 stepper motor
- Powerful 3.4 amp, DC-powered micro stepping drive
- Anti-resonance circuitry ensures smooth performance at any speed
- Space-saving design simplifies installation with reduced wiring
The ISM2340 size 23 stepper motors from IDEC have been selected to match perfectly with the AMCI-IDEC stepper solutions. Their high torque design reduces the length of the stepper motor while providing more torque than most standard size 23 motors. The motors all have eight leads to allow for either series or parallel connections.
- Superior speed and torque range
- Industry-leading warranty and support
- 100% compatible with entire line of AMCI-IDEC stepper motor drives and controllers
IDEC's IANG1 Integrated Stepper Controller + Drive product is a ground-breaking approach to PLC-based motion control systems.
Traditional motion controllers are difficult to integrate with PLC-based automation systems. There are so many manufacturers, so many different choices, and each solution contains proprietary features that complicate installation, programming and compatibility. You’re also faced with mechanical challenges because these motion controllers often use non-standard mounting hardware. And their configuration involves learning another software program and/or language foreign to your controls environment. IANG1 eliminates these headaches with a revolutionary design that leverages modern networks to deliver unmatched value to automation users.
The IANG1 integrates a stepper controller and driver into one, compact package that communicates with the MicroSmart FC6A over Modbus TCP network. All programming is performed through the user-defined macro instructions in WindLDR software.
- Integrated Stepper controller AND driver
- Built-in Modbus TCP network interface
- 1 to 6 axis of motion control - buy what you need, expand later!
- Hybrid control: Servo performance using Stepper hardware
- Encoder feedback - operation Open or Closed Loop
- Programming is easy, no additional software required
- DIN rail mounting for simple, standard installation
IANF2 modules from IDEC offer two independent motion control axes that function in an open-loop configuration, or closed loop using the available encoder feedback. Each axis can be used to drive a stepper or a servo with step/direction input capability. The IANF2 can synchronize its two axes, giving you the ability to control linear and circular motions in an XY plane. Moreover, AMCI-IDEC IANF2 expansion modules allow you to easily interface up to 12 motion axes using a single network connection, which reduces physical wiring and streamlines network traffic. No other product rivals the flexibility, performance, and value of AMCI-IDEC IANF2 Motion Controllers.
- 2-axis motion controllers with expansion capabilities
- Expand up to 12 axes
- Interpolated motion (circular and linear)
- Encoder feedback for closed loop motion control
- Use for Servo or Stepper control
- Simplified programming with WindLDR macro instructions
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Banner Engineering's new PBL46U diffuse mode plastic fiber offers increased range and immunity to dust, dirt, and other environmental challenges. This provides tremendous flexibility in deployment and ensures reliable performance in difficult conditions with minimal downtime for cleaning and maintenance. Used with a DF-G Series fiber amplifier, this fiber optic becomes a very powerful, very compact diffuse mode sensing solution with all the features and capabilities associated with the amplifier, including timing and IO-Link communication.
- Integrated emitter and receiver lenses with a bright, well-defined visible spot simplifies installation and alignment
- Included sliding mounting bracket enables additional adjustments to the fibers after installation
- The narrow 12° beam angle (25mm spot at 100mm) focuses the light to the region of interest
- Extended detection range from 5mm up to 1000mm with DF-G3 amplifier
Monday, April 3, 2017
New IDEC 14mm RV8H interface relays offer a UL listed Class I Division 2 rating, designed for use in hazardous locations. Expanding on our existing relay selection, these slim relays are suited for controls used in applications such as oil and gas equipment, panel building, refineries, painting and mixing chambers, mining, waste water treatment and other locations that require high switching capability in a compact space.
- Class I, Division 2 and Class I, Zone 2 Hazardous Location options
- Lever for easy locking and removal of relay
- Only 70mm in height from DIN rail
- Gold-plated contacts
- Pre-assembled relay and DIN mount socket
- Universal screw terminals (flat and phillips) or spring clamp terminals available for all versions
- Universal AC/DC socket with built-in surge suppression and green LED
- 8A contact rating on RV8H-2, 16A rating on RV8H-1
- Operating temperature of -40ºC - +70°C
- RoHS compliant
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
The Sure Cross® Wireless Q120 button and light pendant from Banner Engineering is an autonomous wireless Node that enables two-way communication between an operator and up to six remote and/or mobile devices. Six independently controlled push-button inputs allow operators to wirelessly send status updates, acknowledgements, initiate processes, and actuate devices. Six red and green LED indicators provide local indication of status from remote or mobile devices and equipment. A wireless radio, internal battery supply, and optional 10-30VDC power terminals are housed inside the Node, making this product series truly plug and play.
- DIP switch configurable
- Six push-button inputs with momentary or toggle operation
- Six sets of red and green LED indicator lights with solid or flashing operation
- Reliable, field-proven Sure Cross wireless architecture operates in the globally accepted 2.4 GHz frequency band or the long-range 900 Mhz frequency band, depending upon model
Friday, March 24, 2017
Integrating communication and control into factory automation and process control applications has never been easier. With all-metal construction, a built-in web server, data logging with SD card, and Crimson® 3.0 software with Crimson Control functionality, Red Lion Control's rugged Graphite Edge controller operates in the harshest environments to provide a single programming solution for control, networking and data visualization.
Simply use industry-standard IEC 61131 programming languages such as ladder logic, function block, structured text and instruction list to develop logic code much like a programmable logic controller (PLC) or remote telemetry unit (RTU) without the added expense of additional software. In addition, select from a variety of I/O, PID control and communications modules to connect, monitor and control a wide array of field devices – regardless of location – to meet specific application requirements.
- Industry-Standard Control Language Support
- Protocol Conversion of over 300 Drivers
- Support up to 18 Simultaneous Protocol Conversions
- Web Server for Data Visualization
- Real-Time Data Logging to SD Card or via FTP
- Rugged Construction for Extreme Protection
- Wide Operating Temperature Range
- Scalable Modules
- Expansion Options
Red Lion Controls Graphite Edge Controller
Red Lion Controls Technical Datasheets
Thursday, March 23, 2017
PMP Series SSRs vary the output power in proportion to an analog control input, which can be one of 3 signal types: 0-5VDC, 0-10VDC or 4-20mA. The output can be controlled by 2 different methods, selectable on the unit: Phase Angle Control, and Burst Fire Control (with Distributive Zero Cross).
PMP Series proportional controllers are ideal for a wide range of applications that require control of the load power, such as for example lamp dimming and resistive heating control.
- Output ratings of 25, 50 and 90 Amps
- Available in 3 operating voltage ranges: 90-280, 345-530 and 420-660VAC
- Selectable Operation Mode: Phase Angle or Burst Fire control
- Selectable Control Input: 0-5VDC, 0-10VDC, 4-20mA
- 50/60Hz Adaptive Operational Frequency function
- 4-20mA input does not require an auxiliary power supply
- LED multifunction status indicator
- Contactor configuration with "Elevator" screw terminals
- Optional overvoltage protection (built-in TVS diode)
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Turck is now offering its uprox3 sensor in an IO-Link-capable version. Turck’s uprox3 sensor line offers the longest sensing distances of all Factor 1 sensors on the market, and now coupled with IO-Link capabilities, allows for more flexibility and intelligence to be integrated into sensing applications.
With the use of the uprox® IO-link sensors, you reduce costs in new and existing applications. Easy configuration allows you to flexibly adapt the sensors to your needs. You can not only set the output functions and the sensing distances, but special functions are included and can be used whenever needed. Additionally, each adjustable switching distance can be run sequentially in combination with an IO-Link master. Also, the sensors include all standard uprox3 benefits such as Factor 1 with the longest sensing distances and an excellent magnetic field strength. The reduction of variants streamlines the ordering of the product, and also minimizes the storage and administrative costs.
In IO-Link mode, the sensor is operated on an IO-Link master. This enables access to all parameter and evaluation functions. The intelligent data retention with IO-Link 1.1 allows a sensor to be exchanged without having to reset parameters. The process data uprox3-IOL provides further analysis options such as application-specific switch points, temperature limits, etc., or an identification number. These can be used to identify 256 different nodes. The sensing of targets and their simultaneous identifica- tion can then be implemented with a single sensor.
Turck is initially offering four variants of uprox3 IO-Link: an M12, M18, and M30 barrel style, all in a chrome brass housing, as well as PTFE-coated variants for welding appli- cations. Additionally, a rectangular, CK40 style is also included in the series.
Turck uprox3 Sensors w/ IO-Link
Turck Technical Datasheets
Friday, March 10, 2017
The new Line Detect tool is included in the most recent release of Banner Engineering's Vision Manager software (version 1.2.1). This versatile tool measures distance and angles and can reliably find a best-fit line for critical gauging applications. Line Detect can also inspect for damage or flaws along the edge of a part.
Also new to Vision Manager 1.2.1, the Data Export option enables the export of tool specific results (pass/fail, length, etc.) over RS-232 or Ethernet. Users can customize ASCII data strings to support individual requirements of a PLC or PC. This builds on Vision Manager’s export capabilities for EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, and Modbus/TCP.
Improvements have also been made to the visual feedback offered by Vision Manager. Users benefit from upgrades to the live image display as well as greater flexibility in how information and Regions of Interest (ROIs) can be viewed.
Banner Engineering VE Smart Camera
Banner Engineering Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Advantech Automation's AIMB-216 with Intel® Pentium N3710 and Celeron N3160/N3010 processor is designed for industrial applications that require enhanced computing performance and power management capabilities. The motherboard features an onboard Intel® Pentium™ N3710 quad-core 1.6 GHz and Celeron N3160 quad-core 1.6 GHz and N3010 dual-core 1.04 GHz CPU with DDR3L 1600 MHz of up to 8 GB.
The AIMB-216 offers rich I/O connectivity with four USB 3.0 and six USB 2.0 ports (USB78910 is BOM optional), as well as six COM ports integrated in a standard 170 x 170mm form factor. The system also supports triple display for DVI-D, HDMI (or LVDS), DP (or eDP). AIMB-216 also feat ures numerous connectivity and expansion options, including PCIe x1, 8-bit GPIO, two SATA III 6 GB/s connectors, an optional TPM security feature, and one Mini-PCIe and one M.2 (B key) expansion slots for easy integration. A dual Realtek chipset and 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port are also provided to deliver high-speed networking.
AIMB-216 is powered by the newest Intel® Pentium/Celeron™ processor, which is built on 14nm process technology. The thermal design power rating for the Intel N3010 dual-core architecture is only 4W, and that for the quad-core N3710/N3160 design is only 6W, allowing additional power reductions, system compressions, and performance improvements to be implemented in the future. All the features described above are incorporated into a space-saving, power-efficient, and cost-effective Mini-ITX form factor.
- Supports Intel® Pentium N3710 and Celeron N3160/N3010 processors
- Two 204-pin SODIMM, up to 8 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM
- Supports 1 PCIe x1, and 1 MiniPCIe and 1 M.2 (B key) expansion ports, six serial ports, 4 USB 3.0 and 6 USB 2.0 (USB78910 is BOM optional), and two SATA III ports
- Lower total ownership costs with DC12V functionality; supports triple displays of DVI-D, DP (or eDP), HDMI (or LVDS)
- Onboard TPM 1.2/2.0 support (optional)
- Supports a dual-channel 6 W amplifier (optional)
- Supports embedded software APIs and utilities
Advantech Automation's PPC-6151C, a panel PC chassis with 15" TFT LED screen, is specifically designed for Mini-ITX motherboards, which supports a diverse range of Mini-iTX motherboards in fulfilling your requirements for varied functionalities and price concern. PPC-6151C is a true flat bezel which meets market trends demanding for a stylish look and provides additional backup port and expansion slot in order to accommodate your various application needs.
- 15” true-flat PPC with Resistive touch
- Supports certified mini-ITX motherboard up to 45W TDP processor
- Support PCI or PCIe expansion slot
- Front LED indicators for power status
- Front panel is IP65 compliant
- Optional VESA mount by request
Mobile equipment environments are typically characterized by severe conditions, pressure spikes and high levels of vibration. Schneider Electric's OsiSense XMEP pressure transmitters from Telemecanique Sensors provides an ideal solution for mobile equipment with appropriate electrical connections, power supply, operating temperature range and degree of protection.
The OsiSense XMEP pressure transmitter is highly resistant to overpressure and includes a pulse snubber which protects it against damaging pressure spikes / hammer effects. The XMEP is certified up to IP69K and has a high electromagnetic compatibility conforming to mobile equipment standards, including E2 certification.
OsiSense XMEP is one of the most compact pressure transmitters on the market, making it easy to integrate into the tight spaces of your mobile equipment design.
The OsiSense XMEP is available with most of the standard connectors used in the mobile equipment industry and can directly connect with wiring harnesses. Take the XMEP out of the box. Plug it in.
Schneider Electric OsiSense XMEP Pressure Transmitters
Schneider Electric Technical Datasheets
Friday, February 24, 2017
Turck introduces the PT2000 line of pressure transmitters, which offer a welded stainless steel measuring cell for increased durability and increased chemical compatibility. The PT2000 offers a solution that has no elastomer seals and all wetted materials are 316L stainless steel. This makes the solution uniquely capable to meet the environmental needs in water pumping, hydraulic, and refrigeration applications.
The transmitter housing is gel filled, eliminating problems caused by condensation in applications with a wide range of temperatures, such as pumping ground water. Additionally, the housing is more compact than existing solutions, suiting it for more applications with space constraints. The PT2000 is also capable of handling pressures up to 1000 bar as well as process media up to 135°C.
The PT2000 comes equipped with a standard M12 connector that is available in multiple wiring configurations to allow for easy integration into existing applications. The new pressure transmitter is also available with process connections such as NPT, BSPP and SAE, which are commonly used in North American hydraulic applications.
“The PT2000 line gives customers a robust, stainless steel solution in a compact, economical package,” said Rich Tallant, Product Manager for sensors. “Furthermore, with a variety of connection options, it provides a valuable solution for a wide range of applications.”
The PT2000 offers multiple output signals to provide additional options and allows the offering to adapt to your existing control circuitry; 4-20 mA, 0-10 V, ratiometric, 1-6 V, and 0-5 V. Additionally, it carries an IP67 rating, and has an operating temperature range of -40° to 135°C.
Turck PT2000 Pressure Transmitters
Turck Technical Datasheets
The safety PLCs of the MSI 400 series from Leuze electronic provide efficient solutions for integrating safety sensors in machines and systems. Though just 45 mm wide, they are available with 16/20 safe inputs and 4/8 safe outputs as well as optional Ethernet interface with industrial Ethernet protocols. With extension modules, the control – with up to 116 safe inputs and 56 safe outputs – can be flexibly adapted to current and future needs. Configuration and commissioning are performed easily and comfortably with the MSI.designer programming software.
- Compact power pack with only 45mm width which is currently the most compact solution on the market
- Basic version offering up to 24 safe inputs/outputs
- Modular expandable up to 168 safe inputs/outputs
- Good networking and easy communication - with integrated industrial Ethernet protocols and fieldbus gateways - with integrated USB and Ethernet interfaces
Thursday, February 16, 2017
New models of the compact SC26-2 and expandable XS26-2 safety controller from Banner Engineering support virtual non-safety input devices, including manual reset devices, On/Off switches, mute enable devices, and cancel delay inputs. Additional features new to these safety controllers include delay function blocks and the ability to track function block status output. Ethernet-enabled models are now available with the PROFINET industrial communication protocol.
With the option to add up to eight I/O expansion modules, the XS26-2 expandable safety controller has the capacity to adapt to a variety of machines, including large scale machines with multiple processes.
- Program in minutes with intuitive, easy-to-use configuration software
- Up to eight expansion I/O modules can be added as automation requirements grow or change
- Choose from six expansion module models
- Expansion module models have a variety of safety inputs, solid-state safety outputs and safety relay outputs
- Innovative live display feature and diagnostics allow for active monitoring of I/O on a PC and assist in troubleshooting and commissioning
- Controller and input modules allow safety inputs to be converted to status outputs for efficient terminal use
- 64 virtual outputs (Ethernet version only)
Monday, February 13, 2017
IDEC proudly announces the new EC2B series of customized and popular standard control stations and enclosures approved for hazardous location applications. These user-friendly devices combine peace of mind with exceptional value for panel builders and end users. Paired with the popular EU2B series of switches and pilot devices, they deliver one-stop shopping for Class I Division 2/Zone 1 hazardous location switching. And with UL and global certifications, customers save time and money on their hazardous rated panels.
- Class I, Zone 1/Division 2
- Applicable in explosive gas atmospheres (AEx de IIC T6 Gb)
- UL Type 4X rated
- Up to 3 contact blocks
- Selector switches available with lever or key
- Selector switches available with overlapping contacts
- Exposed and finger-safe (IP20) screw terminals available
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel enclosure (SUS304)
- Melamine coating
- NPT and Metric reducer options
Friday, February 10, 2017
CARLO GAVAZZI announces their new DPD Series Three-Phase Monitoring Relay with NFC Configuration. This 3-phase voltage and frequency monitoring relay provides the utmost flexibility in very compact dimensions, as it offers a wide range of features in a mere 22.5mm product width. It provides protection against phase reversal, phase loss and if the phase asymmetry, voltage or frequency measurements are not within the user-configured settings and/or thresholds.
The DPD Series settings can easily be modified through an Android App via a smartphone/tablet or via a USB NFC Reader/Writer (part number ACR1252U) connected to a computer. Under and over threshold settings can be set, as well as hysteresis and time delays. They are uploaded into the DPD Series by means of its NFC configuration. Neither potentiometer settings nor DIP switches are used for the device set-up, and after it is set-up, it can be password protected, to ensure safety while in use. The DPD02DM44B is delivered with default settings for North American 3-phase 240VAC mains; whereas the DPD02DM44 is delivered with European/Asian settings for 3-phase 400VAC mains.
The main advantage of the DPD Series is its high versatility and multifunction design. The set-up can be changed at any time and can be replicated, and stored on as many devices as needed. The set-points are extremely precise as they are digital, and much more accurate than they would be with potentiometer settings.
The DPD is widely considered a game-changer in monitoring relay technology, as you can set up to ten alarm conditions, and then these alarms are combinable via AND / OR logic to provide up to two relay outputs. This, combined with the NFC configuration, establishes Carlo Gavazzi as the market leader in monitoring relays.
The DPD Series has been designed to provide a highly accurate solution for most 3-phase load applications. Its versatility makes it ideal for generator sets, power generators, and pumps/compressors applications in the Lift/Elevator, Escalator, Materials Handling, and HVAC markets. They are also an excellent off the shelf solution for any electrical distributor, wholesaler or panel builder.
- 3-phase voltage and frequency monitoring relay
- Nominal measurement range from 177-552 VAC L-L and 102-318 VAC L-N
- Star or Delta mains
- NFC configuration
- Adjustable set-points, hysteresis, delays, AND/OR logic
- Three diagnostic LEDs
- Operating frequency from 45 to 440Hz
- Two independent SPDT 8A outputs
- cULus, CCC approved and CE marked
Phoenix Contact's dependable combination of ergonomic hand crimpers* and semi-automatic crimpers gives 508 panel shops, industrial experts, and electronic tradesmen a cost-effective UL Listed alternative when it comes to cutting, stripping, and crimping ferrules or ring lugs.
Quality industrial and electrical hand tools you can trust:
- High crimp quality Integrated forced-lock system
- Pre-adjusted, defined crimping force
- Precision-made dies
- Ratchet-release mechanism
- Less effort, reduced fatigue: 25-percent reduction
- Ergonomic handles for non-slip operation
- Crimping tools offering many crimp geometries
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Thursday, February 9, 2017
- Reliably detects clear, transparent, or opaque objects — including PET, glass containers, and transparent films
- Coaxial optics enable reliable detection of targets to the face of the sensor with no dead zone
- ClearTracking automatic compensation algorithm provides long and reliable operation by compensating for dust build up and ambient temperature changes
- Fast response speed with low jitter for high speed bottling and packaging applications
- Bright, visible red light spot makes alignment easy
- 3 user-selectable thresholds optimize performance to the type of object being detected
- Easy configuration of sensor by remote teach input or tactile push button
- Convenient mounting options available for 18 mm barrel or side mount
- Bright indicator LEDs show operating status from 360°
- IP67 rated ABS housing
- IO-Link with programmable PNP/NPN output and input configurations using IO-Link
Red Lion Controls' advanced PAX®2C PID controllers have been enhanced to feature new Ramp Soak capabilities and FlexCard™ plug-in options that enable you to reduce costs by easily changing or adding functionality to meet industrial requirements without inventory stocking.
Unlike competitive models that must be ordered with functionality factory installed, Red Lion’s PAX2C PID controllers offer flexible PID control options for process and temperature applications that require local control across automation processes. For instance, the new Ramp Soak capabilities allow you to change and hold machine temperature – either up or down – for a specific time period. The PAX2C controllers feature 16 different profiles and enable 20 step changes to adjust the temperature or process control for a range of industries that include factory automation, packaging, metal processing, and food and beverage.
In addition to added Ramp Soak functionality, the following field-installable FlexCard options allow organizations to quickly customize PAX2C PID controllers to add communication, setpoints, retransmitted analog, heater current monitor, second analog input and second PID control features:
- Heater Current Monitor Card: measures heater currents to allow proactive health monitoring and maintainance, thereby helping to remove excess waste in production environments.
- Second Process Input Card: supports programming for several functions, including serving as either a process input that acts like a separate panel meter or a remote setpoint that allows a remote input to change the setpoint value of the controller. It also provides the capability to easily add another PID controller to each unit.
Red Lion’s Crimson® programmed PAX2C PID controllers are dual-line displays that change color based on process status, alerting when a value is out of a specified range. With universal process inputs and AC/DC power input, PAX2C controllers accept DC current, DC voltages, process signals, thermocouples and RTD inputs to provide an all-in-one platform that eases integration. Additional features include a large LCD display with easy-to-read bar graphs, programmable annunciators, up to 16 alarms and a built-in USB programming port. Red Lion’s advanced PAX2C modular platform provides an easy upgrade path that enables integrators and panel builders to reduce inventory requirements while increasing application support.
Red Lion Controls PAX2C PID Controller
Red Lion Controls Technical Datasheets
Monday, February 6, 2017
Banner Engineering's new Q4X with 600mm range (610mm for flush mount models) is a high-performance laser measurement sensor capable of exceptional levels of precision. This sensor is up to three times more precise and has double the maximum sensing range previously available.
A Q4X with 500 mm range and standard resolution will be made available soon. It is a longer range alternative to the 300mm model. Like other sensors in the Q4X Series, these new models feature dual-mode detection and can reliably detect targets regardless of shape, size, material, color, and transparency.
- Housing rated to IP69K with FDA-grade stainless steel
- Discrete, Analog, IO-Link outputs available (600mm models only available with Dual Discrete / IO-Link output)
- Precise measurement up to 610mm
- Reliably detects opaque and transparent objects
Friday, February 3, 2017
Phoenix Contact's MINI Pro analog family now includes an output loop-powered 2-way isolator for the electrical isolation, conversion, and filtering of analog signals. The output loop-powered isolator is powered via the current loop of the controller. On the input side, standard analog signals and non-standard analog signals can be connected, ranging from 2 mA or 50 mV up to 40 mA or 30 V. These are then converted to a 4 mA ... 20 mA signal. Module configuration is done via DIP switches.
Like other MINI Pro signal conditioners, the new output loop-powered isolator's housing is pluggable with integrated current loop test points. And measuring just 6.2-mm wide makes it easy to install in tight spaces. With an operating temperature range of -40 to +70 C and 3 kV of isolation, MINI Pro signal conditioners are suitable for nearly every industrial application. All MINI Pro Signal Conditioners support NFC communication and a smart device app. For DIP switch programmable modules this includes a DIP switch programming aid to help make programming quick and easy.
Phoenix Contact MINI Pro Output Loop-Powered Isolators
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Mersen power distribution blocks provide a safe and easy method of splicing cables, splitting primary power into secondary circuits and fulfilling requirements for fixed junction tap-off points. Many part numbers in the miniature, intermediate, and large series of Mersen MPDBs are now rated to accept DLO-type fine-strand wire, allowing you to install flexible conductors. No changes to installation are required.
Mersen MPDB Power Distribution Blocks
Mersen Technical Datasheets
To improve worker safety in industrial environments, Turck introduces its new preassembled Meltric connector offering with arc protection. The products offer a complete cable assembly solution, saving labor and installation time and ensuring reliability.
To protect against arcing, the Meltric series connectors feature spring-loaded demating technology inside an enclosed arc chamber, along with mating and demating shutters to shield users from live parts. This design allows users to safely connect and disconnect the devices under load, providing quick change-outs. For additional safety, these connectors will only mate with their designated connector class, and demate and break load by the push of a button directly on the connector.
Each Meltric connector is switch and horsepower rated, so one device can be used as both a connector and disconnect switch. This streamlines operations by removing the need for a separate disconnect switch in applications that require a line-of-sight disconnect. In addition, the connector can also be used as a lockout/tagout device.
“The Meltric series is ideal for use with high-powered electrical equipment because these connectors can serve as both a connector and a disconnect switch,” said Luke Handahl, Product Engineer at Turck. “Also, with the ability to have a quick disconnect connector, the motor change-out process is simplified. With previous hardwired solutions, maintenance had to work through a cumbersome and time-intensive process for equipment change-out. Turck’s new Meltric connector offering can be simply disconnected with the push of a button and they meet all required electrical safety guidelines for this process.”
Turck’s preassembled Meltric connectors are IP66 and IP67 rated. The connectors are available in 20 amp, 30 amp and 60 amp versions, which include variations with auxiliary contacts. The offering has standard connectors that carry UL, CSA and IEC listings, and is also available with connectors that carry hazardous location approvals. The hazardous location connectors are rated to ATEX Category 2 for gases and dust, and IECEx zone 1, and also carry CSA Class I, Division 2 and Class II, Division 2 as well as CSA Class I Zone 1 and Class II Zone 21 (for US and Canada).
Turck Preassembled Meltric Connectors Press Release
Turck Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
SMC Pneumatics AV2000-A / 3000-A / 4000-A / 5000-A series soft start-up valves offer low speed air supply to gradually raise initial pressure in an air system and for quick exhaust by cutting off air supply. SMC has updated the series with a number of improvements:
- Power consumption: 0.35W, a reduction of 80% compared to the old model
- Improved flow rate characteristics: Up to 2.3 times C[dm3/(s・bar)]: 9.2
- Energy saving: No air flow when the main valve is switched
- Improved adjustability at low speed air supply
- Smaller profile and less work hours due to integrated silencer
SMC Pneumatics' VBAT series tanks are designed to directly mate with VBA boosters to add a reservoir of higher pressure air to the system. With such a reservoir of high pressure air, the booster is able to charge the system during periods of low demand. Available in carbon or stainless steel, the tanks are available in four sizes from 5 to 38 liters in capacity. Made specifically for the US, these air tanks are compliant with ASME Section VIII-Division 1 standards.
SMC Pneumatics VBAT-X105 Air Tanks
SMC Pneumatics Technical Datasheets
SMC Pneumatics' JXC*1 is a single axis controller for their LE series 24VDC step motors compatible with several fieldbus protocols including Ethernet/IP fieldbus. Actuator motors can be operated by calling a line of step data or by direct numerical instruction, each possible over the network. Futher fieldbus compatible functions include return to origin, alarm outputs and resets, parameter setup, status monitoring, and trial runs.
- Communication protocols include EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet.
- Operation command can be done using the preset step data in the controller or using position/speed values from the PLC.
- Current speed, current position, alarm codes and other numerical information can be monitored on the PLC.
- Two communication ports are provided, with transition wiring possible for the DeviceNet version using a branch connector.
- Both air and electric systems can be established under the same protocol.