The Schneider Electric PacDrive family is growing with the introduction of the Safety PLC TM5CSLC, TM5 and TM7 Safety I/O and the Integrated Safety for the Lexium 62 and ILM Drives.
The Embedded safety PLC offer for PacDrive 3 is suitable for safety applications requiring distributed safety connected to physical input/output devices over Sercos common networks and is certified to EN ISO 13849-1 PLe Category 4, and EN/IEC 62061 SIL3.
The PacDrive 3 architecture is comprised of a PacDrive Master controller LMC. The Modicon TM5CSLC safety logic controller can be added to this architecture to manage the safety related parts of the architecture over the Sercos network. Sercos network can be created as a line, tree or ring topology.
- Input/outputs are connected to the Sercos network with the use of Modicon TM5 Sercos Interface modules. The Ethernet cable between each Sercos interface module can be extended up to 100 meters (328.08 ft.).
- Within the architecture, by using the TM5CSLC100FS safety logic controller, it is possible to manage a group of 20 safety nodes consisting of I/O islands (bus couplers), Lexium 62 safety servo drives or Lexium 62 ILM integrated drives with safety module. By using the TM5CSLC200FS safety logic controller it is possible to manage a group of up to 50 safety nodes consisting of I/O islands (bus couplers), Lexium 62 safety servo drives, or Lexium 62 ILM integrated drives with safety module. In both cases, within the I/O islands (bus couplers), it is possible to manage up to 100 Modicon TM5 safety I/O modules.
- The Modicon TM5 Sercos interface module (bus coupler) can manage up to 50 Modicon TM5 / Modicon TM7 safety and non-safety I/O modules.
SoSafe Programmable is used to create complex logical conditions using logical functions and safety functions, such as muting, timer, counters, Emergency stop, light curtain etc. via a graphic configuration interface.
The software editor is an add-on software for SoMachine Motion.
- Programming is possible with the combination of 3 languages:
- Function Block Diagram (FBD)
- The graphical language FBD is composed of functions and function blocks which are connected to each other or to variables using lines
- Ladder Diagram (LD); Code programmed in the graphic language LD is composed of contacts and coils
- Structured Text (ST); Code programmed in the textual language ST consists of statements and expressions
- Online monitoring and diagnostics of I/O status
- Project compare functionality to view changes between programs
- Configuration validation
- Hardware device scanner
- Printable schematics and documentation
Schneider Electric TM5CSLC Safety Logic Controller
Schneider Electric Technical Datasheets