Friday, February 24, 2017
Turck introduces the PT2000 line of pressure transmitters, which offer a welded stainless steel measuring cell for increased durability and increased chemical compatibility. The PT2000 offers a solution that has no elastomer seals and all wetted materials are 316L stainless steel. This makes the solution uniquely capable to meet the environmental needs in water pumping, hydraulic, and refrigeration applications.
The transmitter housing is gel filled, eliminating problems caused by condensation in applications with a wide range of temperatures, such as pumping ground water. Additionally, the housing is more compact than existing solutions, suiting it for more applications with space constraints. The PT2000 is also capable of handling pressures up to 1000 bar as well as process media up to 135°C.
The PT2000 comes equipped with a standard M12 connector that is available in multiple wiring configurations to allow for easy integration into existing applications. The new pressure transmitter is also available with process connections such as NPT, BSPP and SAE, which are commonly used in North American hydraulic applications.
“The PT2000 line gives customers a robust, stainless steel solution in a compact, economical package,” said Rich Tallant, Product Manager for sensors. “Furthermore, with a variety of connection options, it provides a valuable solution for a wide range of applications.”
The PT2000 offers multiple output signals to provide additional options and allows the offering to adapt to your existing control circuitry; 4-20 mA, 0-10 V, ratiometric, 1-6 V, and 0-5 V. Additionally, it carries an IP67 rating, and has an operating temperature range of -40° to 135°C.
Turck PT2000 Pressure Transmitters
Turck Technical Datasheets
The safety PLCs of the MSI 400 series from Leuze electronic provide efficient solutions for integrating safety sensors in machines and systems. Though just 45 mm wide, they are available with 16/20 safe inputs and 4/8 safe outputs as well as optional Ethernet interface with industrial Ethernet protocols. With extension modules, the control – with up to 116 safe inputs and 56 safe outputs – can be flexibly adapted to current and future needs. Configuration and commissioning are performed easily and comfortably with the MSI.designer programming software.
- Compact power pack with only 45mm width which is currently the most compact solution on the market
- Basic version offering up to 24 safe inputs/outputs
- Modular expandable up to 168 safe inputs/outputs
- Good networking and easy communication - with integrated industrial Ethernet protocols and fieldbus gateways - with integrated USB and Ethernet interfaces
Thursday, February 16, 2017
New models of the compact SC26-2 and expandable XS26-2 safety controller from Banner Engineering support virtual non-safety input devices, including manual reset devices, On/Off switches, mute enable devices, and cancel delay inputs. Additional features new to these safety controllers include delay function blocks and the ability to track function block status output. Ethernet-enabled models are now available with the PROFINET industrial communication protocol.
With the option to add up to eight I/O expansion modules, the XS26-2 expandable safety controller has the capacity to adapt to a variety of machines, including large scale machines with multiple processes.
- Program in minutes with intuitive, easy-to-use configuration software
- Up to eight expansion I/O modules can be added as automation requirements grow or change
- Choose from six expansion module models
- Expansion module models have a variety of safety inputs, solid-state safety outputs and safety relay outputs
- Innovative live display feature and diagnostics allow for active monitoring of I/O on a PC and assist in troubleshooting and commissioning
- Controller and input modules allow safety inputs to be converted to status outputs for efficient terminal use
- 64 virtual outputs (Ethernet version only)
Monday, February 13, 2017
IDEC proudly announces the new EC2B series of customized and popular standard control stations and enclosures approved for hazardous location applications. These user-friendly devices combine peace of mind with exceptional value for panel builders and end users. Paired with the popular EU2B series of switches and pilot devices, they deliver one-stop shopping for Class I Division 2/Zone 1 hazardous location switching. And with UL and global certifications, customers save time and money on their hazardous rated panels.
- Class I, Zone 1/Division 2
- Applicable in explosive gas atmospheres (AEx de IIC T6 Gb)
- UL Type 4X rated
- Up to 3 contact blocks
- Selector switches available with lever or key
- Selector switches available with overlapping contacts
- Exposed and finger-safe (IP20) screw terminals available
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel enclosure (SUS304)
- Melamine coating
- NPT and Metric reducer options
Friday, February 10, 2017
CARLO GAVAZZI announces their new DPD Series Three-Phase Monitoring Relay with NFC Configuration. This 3-phase voltage and frequency monitoring relay provides the utmost flexibility in very compact dimensions, as it offers a wide range of features in a mere 22.5mm product width. It provides protection against phase reversal, phase loss and if the phase asymmetry, voltage or frequency measurements are not within the user-configured settings and/or thresholds.
The DPD Series settings can easily be modified through an Android App via a smartphone/tablet or via a USB NFC Reader/Writer (part number ACR1252U) connected to a computer. Under and over threshold settings can be set, as well as hysteresis and time delays. They are uploaded into the DPD Series by means of its NFC configuration. Neither potentiometer settings nor DIP switches are used for the device set-up, and after it is set-up, it can be password protected, to ensure safety while in use. The DPD02DM44B is delivered with default settings for North American 3-phase 240VAC mains; whereas the DPD02DM44 is delivered with European/Asian settings for 3-phase 400VAC mains.
The main advantage of the DPD Series is its high versatility and multifunction design. The set-up can be changed at any time and can be replicated, and stored on as many devices as needed. The set-points are extremely precise as they are digital, and much more accurate than they would be with potentiometer settings.
The DPD is widely considered a game-changer in monitoring relay technology, as you can set up to ten alarm conditions, and then these alarms are combinable via AND / OR logic to provide up to two relay outputs. This, combined with the NFC configuration, establishes Carlo Gavazzi as the market leader in monitoring relays.
The DPD Series has been designed to provide a highly accurate solution for most 3-phase load applications. Its versatility makes it ideal for generator sets, power generators, and pumps/compressors applications in the Lift/Elevator, Escalator, Materials Handling, and HVAC markets. They are also an excellent off the shelf solution for any electrical distributor, wholesaler or panel builder.
- 3-phase voltage and frequency monitoring relay
- Nominal measurement range from 177-552 VAC L-L and 102-318 VAC L-N
- Star or Delta mains
- NFC configuration
- Adjustable set-points, hysteresis, delays, AND/OR logic
- Three diagnostic LEDs
- Operating frequency from 45 to 440Hz
- Two independent SPDT 8A outputs
- cULus, CCC approved and CE marked
Phoenix Contact's dependable combination of ergonomic hand crimpers* and semi-automatic crimpers gives 508 panel shops, industrial experts, and electronic tradesmen a cost-effective UL Listed alternative when it comes to cutting, stripping, and crimping ferrules or ring lugs.
Quality industrial and electrical hand tools you can trust:
- High crimp quality Integrated forced-lock system
- Pre-adjusted, defined crimping force
- Precision-made dies
- Ratchet-release mechanism
- Less effort, reduced fatigue: 25-percent reduction
- Ergonomic handles for non-slip operation
- Crimping tools offering many crimp geometries
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Thursday, February 9, 2017
- Reliably detects clear, transparent, or opaque objects — including PET, glass containers, and transparent films
- Coaxial optics enable reliable detection of targets to the face of the sensor with no dead zone
- ClearTracking automatic compensation algorithm provides long and reliable operation by compensating for dust build up and ambient temperature changes
- Fast response speed with low jitter for high speed bottling and packaging applications
- Bright, visible red light spot makes alignment easy
- 3 user-selectable thresholds optimize performance to the type of object being detected
- Easy configuration of sensor by remote teach input or tactile push button
- Convenient mounting options available for 18 mm barrel or side mount
- Bright indicator LEDs show operating status from 360°
- IP67 rated ABS housing
- IO-Link with programmable PNP/NPN output and input configurations using IO-Link