Banner Engineering's DF-G3 fiber amplifiers, with their world-class long-range detection, are now available in models with visible red, infrared and long infrared LEDs to solve the broadest range of detection applications. Visible red LED can be used with glass or plastic fibers and allows for easy alignment of the light to the target. Infrared LEDs can only be used with glass fibers but provide twice the range and optical power of the visible red LED. The long wavelength infrared (1450 nm) must be used with glass fibers, but it provides a powerful and unique solution for detecting water based liquids. The 1450 nm light is strongly attenuated by water; this enables detection of transparent (water containing) liquids with high reliability.
- World-class long-range sensing capability, more than 3 m (10 ft) with opposed mode fibers or 1 m (3 ft) with diffuse mode fibers
- Easy to read dual digital displays show both signal level and threshold simultaneously
- Simple user interface ensures easy sensor setup and programming via displays and switches/buttons or remote input teach wire
- Cross-talk avoidance function allows seven inspections in dense sensing point applications
- Energy efficient light resistance enables stable detection in industrial lighting environments
- High power amplifier with small core fibers enables precise positioning of small components
- Multi-function remote wire allows control of the LED, outputs, remote teach input, and cross-talk avoidance.
- Operator control of the sensitivity (hysteresis) provides additional detection sensitivity, or a stabilized output depending on the application details.
- Available with discrete or analog outputs.