Friday, October 28, 2016
Newport Electronics' new OM-DAQXL is an 8 or 16 channel analog input portable data logger with a 7 inch resistive touch color display. All inputs are programmable and can be configured for millivolts, volts, milliamps, thermocouple, RTD, thermistor, strain gauge, or frequency. All the menus, selections, and configurations can be done from the display touch screen. The unit also has 4 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, 4 alarm outputs, one USB host port and one USB device port. The unit also has 3 LEDs for different indications (Power, Alarm and Logging).
The OM-DAQXL comes complete with protective rubber boot, rechargeable lithium ion battery, 32 GB SD card, one plastic stylus, 1 GB USB thumb drive, 1.8 m (6') USB cable, 1.8 m (6') digital I/O cable, alarm/excitation terminal block, universal AC adapter, screwdriver, quick start guide, set of 5 PTFE insulated Type K thermocouples, set of 5 ferrites to install on the thermocouple inputs (for noise reduction) and crimp-on ground lug. The unit can be wall mounted using the provided keyhole mount or operated on a bench using the tilt stand.
Newport Electronics OM-DAQXL Data Loggers
Newport Electronics Technical Datasheets
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, has introduced a series of TVS Diodes designed specifically to protect sensitive portable and compact electronics from voltage transient events. The SMF3.3 Series TVS Diode combines 200W surge capability, low reverse standoff voltage (3.3V), and low clamping voltage (6.8V) with a small-footprint, low-profile SOD-123FL plastic package for a variety of portable and compact electronic products.
The SMF3.3 Series is ideal for low voltage applications such as the protection of VCC busses and other vulnerable circuits used in portable devices, portable hard drives, notebooks, POS terminals, solid-state drives (SSDs), power supplies, and monitors.
“The SMF3.3 Series expands the range of circuit protection options available to circuit designers for low voltage applications by bringing together superior surge capability with low reverse standoff voltage and clamping voltage specifications,” said Jeff Chin, global product marketing director for semiconductor products at Littelfuse. “The compact, low-profile SOD-123FL package is ideally suited for portable devices and consumer applications.”
- Ideal for protecting sensitive devices against transient over-voltages due to the combination of low clamping voltage of 6.8V, low reverse standoff voltage of 3.3V, and 200W surge capability.
- The small and flat lead low-profile (1.08mm) SOD-123FL plastic package optimizes the use of circuit board space, making it a good choice for portable devices and consumer applications.
- Promotes high ESD immunity and superior circuit protection, permitting manufacturers to achieve ESD protection beyond the maximum level stated in the IEC standard and to protect against a multitude of other threats to ensure product reliability in the field.
Previously only available with PNP outputs, Turck's compact sensors now include products with NPN outputs. Available sensing ranges are 40cm and 1m, with teach-by-wire capabilities.
- Smooth sonic transducer face
- Cylindrical housing M18, potted
- Connection via M12 x 1 mail
- Temperature compensation
- NPN output
Expanding its sensors for use in hazardous locations, Turck released a new line of ATEX/IECEx-approved ultrasonic sensors that carry ATEX/IECEx, II 3 G approvals. The sensors are also approved to operate in gases and vapors IIC group, zone 2 and IIIC group, zone 22 for dust. These sensors feature steel housings in 18mm and 30mm barrels, with sensing ranges from 40cm to 6 meters.
Turck ATEX/IECEx Approved Ultrasonic Sensors
Turck Technical Datasheets
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Turck Compact Ultrasonic Sensors for Retro-Reflective Applications
Turck Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Turck updated the housing on its CP40 sensors to include highly-visible LEDs and sealed programming buttons. The housing maintains its limit-switch style mounting with a two-piece design that features a sensing head that can be moved and oriented as needed. The sensor is ideal for wide areas of coverage, with a 60-degree cone angle and range of 2 meters.
The CK40 is a new design for this line that builds on the CP40 technology with a more compact housing and an M12 connector.
Turck CP40 and CK40 Ultrasonic Sensors w/ New Housing
Turck Technical Datasheets
To ensure advanced sensing capabilities in compact applications, Turck’s 18mm ultrasonic barrel sensors now feature a right-angle, side-sensing transducer. The new design simplifies mounting in applications where there is little space, and increases flexibility to mount the sensor in a location that minimizes damage. Sensing ranges available are 40cm and 1 meter.
Turck 18mm Side-Sensing Ultrasonic Barrel Sensors
Turck Technical Datasheets
Turck's offering of M30 ultrasonic barrel sensors now include versions with a 6-meter sensing range. These sensors are available with a switch-point or switch-point/analog output. Both can be programmed via teach-by-wire or teach-by-button configurations. The all-metal rugged housing makes these sensors ideal for harsh applications.
Turck M30 Ultrasonic Barrel Sensors
Turck Technical Datasheets
Monday, October 24, 2016
Littelfuse introduces the MG12600WB-BR2MM Series, the latest addition to their IGBT Module Power Semiconductor portfolio. The new 1200V, 600A Half-Bridge IGBT Module Series offers designers a substantially higher current rating than the portfolio’s previous maximum current rating (450A), offering the high efficiency and fast switching speeds of modern IGBT technology in a robust and flexible format. The module’s compact (152 x 62 x 17 mm) package simplifies thermal management and allows for less complex, more elegant system designs. This multi-chip module reduces solder joint and PC board space requirements. The WB configuration package is available in various current ratings for the release of products across a wide power range.
Applications for the MG12600WB-BR2MM Series include power control applications, such as flexible and efficient industrial and servo drives, solar inverters, high power converters, UPSs, and welding equipment.
“This 1200V, 600A module extends the current range in our industry-standard module package so customers may use the same thermal and PC board design to release multiple power ratings within their platforms,” said Dr. Kevin Speer, global manager of technology strategy, Power Semiconductors, at Littelfuse. “The semiconductor technology allows high conversion efficiencies, while the multi-chip module enables elegant system design with fewer failure points for greater reliability.”
- Trench-gate field stop IGBT technology ensures state-of-the-art IGBTs with optimal conduction and switching performance
- Low saturation voltage and positive temperature coefficient means that MG12600WB-BR2MM modules can be easily paralleled to increase system current
- Fast switching and short tail current allows for higher system efficiency through reduced switching losses
Banner Engineering’s new Washdown Cover provides additional protection against environmental hazards for their 30mm Emergency Stop Buttons without compromising device actuation or visibility. It expands the number of applications for which their E-Stop Buttons can be used by raising the product rating up to IP69K. It is available in pre-installed kits or as a standalone product.
Banner Engineering SSA-EB E-Stop Buttons
Banner Engineering Technical Datasheets
Monday, October 3, 2016
Turck announces the availability of EtherNet/IP enabled encoders, providing an optical based encoder solution with electronic multi-turn capabilities for position applications requiring feedback using the EtherNet/IP and CIP (Common Industrial Protocol) interface. Common applications for the ODVA-certified encoder include automotive production, logistics, metal processing, textile applications, as well as printing and packaging machines.
The new EtherNet/IP encoders are available in both singleturn (RS-107/108) and multiturn (RM-105/106) variants and come with a diameter of 58 mm, offer a total resolution of up to 32 bits (16 for singleturn, 16 for multiturn), and have been designed specifically for high-speed applications. The encoders offer an RPI (requested packet interval) time of 1 ms, and allows operation in high-speed applications with up to a 1,000 Hz update frequency. These features allow you to save time and costs.
The RS-107/108 and RM-105/106 EtherNet/IP encoders offer a cost effective, compact EtherNet/IP encoder solution with Device Level Ring (DLR) capability. The DLR capabilities allow the network to stay active even if one direction of the communication bus lines is compromised. This is a bi-directional communication capability built into the encoder. This means that the process can continue while one unit is off-line, greatly influencing efficiency and reducing costly down-time.
The RS-107/108 and RM-105/106 encoders are available in solid shaft and blind hollow shaft versions, with the blind shaft version having diameters up to 15 mm. The encoders feature an operating temperature range from -40 °C to +80 °C and are IP65 rated. Additionally, thanks to their optical design, the encoders are highly immune to interference from magnetic fields.
- EtherNet/IP encoder solution
- Available in both singleturn and multi turn variants
- Provides robust solution for position applications requiring feedback
- Device Level Ring (DLR) capabilities
- Highly immune from magnetic interference
- Both solid shaft and blind hollow shaft available
- 58 mm diameter
- RPI time of 1 ms, up to a 1,000 Hz update frequency
- 32 bit resolution
- Temperature range of -40 °C to +80 °C
- IP65 rated
Pro-face America announces a new addition to their HMI GP4000 family, the GP4000H Graphical Pendant Station. Pro-face GP4100H is a 5.7" handheld unit that functions as a graphical pendant station. With an emergency stop switch, 3-position enable switch ("dead man switch"), and key switch, the user can easily and safely control machine setup. Troubleshooting and maintenance from the point of operation is also convenient and easy. The GP4100H offers a clear, consicse TFT high definition LCD display, lightweight design, and is compatible with AGP3000H series accessories making migration to this new product even easier.
- Integrated emergency stop switch, available in red, yellow or gray
- 3-position enable switch with a forced contact opening function
- Key switch allows you to move the device without triggering the emergency stop
- Equipped with 65,536 color TFT LCD for excellent visibility and wide viewing angles
- Extremely lightweight (0.91kg)
Banner Engineering's popular Q4X Laser Distance Sensor is now available with a flush mount housing. This builds on the application and deployment possibilities offered by this versatile and rugged sensor. These models offer the same superior performance of standard Q4X models and have a sensing range of 35 to 310mm.
- High performance laser sensor, detecting sub-millimeter changes in distance
- Discrete, analog (0 to 10V or 4 to 20mA), clear object, and IO-Link models available
- Reliable sensing range of 25 to 300mm
- Detects across a variety of target colors, materials and surfaces based on distance
- Dual teach mode (intensity + distance) is ideal for error-proofing applications and enables clear object detection with no retro-reflector required
- Robust housing rated to IP69K with FDA-grade stainless steel
- Easy setup with responsive buttons
- Rugged design resists mechanical impact, over tightening and extreme vibration
- Clear distance readout from angled four-digit display