Friday, November 28, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- Quality check of color of plastic molded parts
- Identification of colored totes in distribution center
- Sort textiles, upholstery, or carpet
- Check of connector color code sequence
- Confirmation of LED color and illumination
- Control of ink mixing
- Validation of pharmaceutical and cosmetic colors
- Quality check of primer application
- Sort bottles or pouches by color of packaging
- Monitor fluid cloudiness in sight glass
- Color evaluation like human vision by using additive primary colors
- Identifies minute color variations for sorting, positioning, quality control
- Glossiness can be evaluated separately from the object's hue
- Ten times faster than competitive models for faster checks and more throughput
- Also detects colors of LEDs, pilot lights, and other illuminated objects
- Variety of color space evaluation methods
- Software provides visual and comparative indication of colors and tolerances
- For use with wide range of diffuse or thru-beam fiber optic cables
- Long-life white light LED source means no external illumination required
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
TURCK announces the new M16 powerfast ™ wiring system for machine power distribution and motor control. Replace hard wiring with a NFPA 79 (National Fire Protection Association Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery) compliant, quick-connect system that saves the time and money normally spent on traditional conduit installations. These 2, 3 and 4-pin connectors and tees provide up to 18 Amps in a compact connector.
The cordsets are available with Tray Rated, exposed run PVC flexlife ® cable. All connectors provide IEC IP 67 protection and are rated for 600 Volts and up to 18 Amps. Tees are available with simple connectors or with branches.
Like most TURCK cordsets, the M16 powerfast line offers male or female, straight connectors, standard and custom lengths, and pigtails or extensions. To make the system complete, fully encapsulated mating receptacles, with nickelplated brass housing and 1/2”-14 NPT, 3/8”-18 NPT, M18 and M20 mounting threads are available.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Phoenix Contact's new RAD-ISM-900-EN-BD is an industrial radio transceiver that brings Ethernet or serial data onto IP-based networks from remote locations, even in high-interference environments.
The RAD-ISM-900-EN-BD uses the MOTR-9T radio platform, a 1-watt, frequency-hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) transceiver. It operates in the license-free 902-928 MHz ISM band. With the MOTR-9 radio, the user can configure over-the-air data rates up to 500 kbps. Adjustable packet sizes maximize data speed and minimize latency. The radio also incorporates selectable 128/192/256-bit AES encryption to prevent unwanted intrusion and to keep data secure.
Multiple wireless communication streams allow simultaneous Ethernet, I/O control, and serial ASCII device communications - all from a single radio without external gateways or additional serial wireless converters.
With the radio's simple, IT-friendly embedded software, any network PC with a web browser can configure the devices. The RAD-ISM-900-EN-BD is approved for use in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
- Button control for various displays styles (2D and 3D) and is a Boolean control that displays an on or off state.
- Graph control provides abundant graph display function, which enable the user to display data of various sources simultaneously.
- Intensity control offers two-dimensional display and simple interpolation for scattered 3D data points.
- Knob control is circular data control that provides various graph styles.
- LED control provides data display and editing functions with the seven-segment nixie tube mode.
- NumEditor control provides functions of numerical displaying and editing.
- Slide control is linear data controlling control that provides various graph styles.
- Fully supports all Advantech DAQ cards and functions with complete high speed data acquisition.
- Easy to use property sheets offer selections which will provide an easy access to all settings, eliminating unnecessary programming.
- Independent control operation, needing no support from other existing ActiveX controls.
- Physical properties like voltage, current, and frequency can now be directly applied by the user and will automatically be reassigned to the data with proper input range and sampling rate.
- Straight-forward user interface – less hardware dependent.
- Optional lists vs. direct input. This eliminates a large portion of the direct data input.
- Default settings for quicker execution.
- Properties and parameters can automatically determine an appropriate data transferring method to perform the data acquisition.
- Parameter check-up and correction is automatically corrected.
Friday, November 7, 2008
TURCK introduces a new dual axis inclinometer sensor for angular tilt detection. These sensors feature compact rectangular housings, and may be mounted at ±10, ±45, ±60 and ±85 degree angles. Inclinometer sensors may be used in a wide variety of industries to solve unique feedback requirements where your application requires a need to level platforms, control tilt angle or control a dancer.
The new TURCK inclinometer measures angular tilt in reference to gravity. At the heart of the TURCK inclinometer is a MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical system) device that incorporates a micro-electro-mechanical capacitive element into the sensor that utilizes two parallel plate electrodes, one stationary and one attached to a spring-mass system. Movement causes acceleration that produces deflection in the non-stationary electrode. This results in a measurable change in the capacitance between the two plates that is proportional to the angle of deflection. These signals are conditioned to provide two analog outputs (0.1 to 4.9 VDC) or two current outputs (4 to 20 mA).
The micro board design in the MEMS technology allows for a compact, precise inclinometer in a very robust, industrialized package. The inclinometer is IP 67 rated, with a temperature range of -30 to 70 C that permits its use in many applications, including:
- Machine engineering: levers, pedals, flaps, mixing machines, hydraulic jacks
- Commercial machines: diggers, cranes, rotary tables, bulldozers, road construction machinery
- Vertical and horizontal drills used in tunnel and road construction and immersion equipment
- Offshore plants: platforms, cranes
- Furniture: hospital beds, dental chairs, fitness machines, wheelchairs
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
These modules are rated at 1000 V working voltage, and the opening is big enough to accommodate large cables with 14 mm cable insulation diameter.
They feature high power density, minimal power loss, a large operating temperature range and tool-free quick-connect technology. The pCon 2035-24, pCon 2120-24 and pCon 2120-48 cover the 35 W – 120 W and 24 V / 48 V range.
To supplement its exiting Han® HC 650 axial screw versions, the HARTING Technology Group has added new crimp version to the series, extending the range of applications to 240 mm². A force of 13 tons is applied when the contact is assembled. Heat shrinkable tubing is supplied at the contact end for applications with up to 4000 V working voltage.
The contact dimensions remain unchanged on the crimp version to maintain full compatibility with all existing housings and mounting frames.
The HC contact dimensions remain unchanged on the crimp versions to maintain full compatibility with all existing mounting frames and housing combinations. The crimp contacts cover the range of ISO cable cross sections between 25 mm² and 120 mm², and the expanded contact chambers accommodate large cable isolation diameters.
The HARTING Technology Group has integrated its new, patented Han-Quick Lock® technology into its Han® EE module to create versions which can be assembled without special tools. Assembly is quick and simple, and there is no need for special tools, making the Han® EE Quick Lock module the ideal choice for on-site field assembly.
Reliable, vibration-proof connector technology ensures maximum safety and reliability even in very demanding industrial and transport applications. The electrical specifications of the new Han® EE Quick Lock® module are the same as the tried and tested crimp connector. The module has eight contacts. It is rated at 16 A / 400 V and is 100 % plug compatible.