Thursday, January 26, 2017
Mersen power distribution blocks provide a safe and easy method of splicing cables, splitting primary power into secondary circuits and fulfilling requirements for fixed junction tap-off points. Many part numbers in the miniature, intermediate, and large series of Mersen MPDBs are now rated to accept DLO-type fine-strand wire, allowing you to install flexible conductors. No changes to installation are required.
Mersen MPDB Power Distribution Blocks
Mersen Technical Datasheets
To improve worker safety in industrial environments, Turck introduces its new preassembled Meltric connector offering with arc protection. The products offer a complete cable assembly solution, saving labor and installation time and ensuring reliability.
To protect against arcing, the Meltric series connectors feature spring-loaded demating technology inside an enclosed arc chamber, along with mating and demating shutters to shield users from live parts. This design allows users to safely connect and disconnect the devices under load, providing quick change-outs. For additional safety, these connectors will only mate with their designated connector class, and demate and break load by the push of a button directly on the connector.
Each Meltric connector is switch and horsepower rated, so one device can be used as both a connector and disconnect switch. This streamlines operations by removing the need for a separate disconnect switch in applications that require a line-of-sight disconnect. In addition, the connector can also be used as a lockout/tagout device.
“The Meltric series is ideal for use with high-powered electrical equipment because these connectors can serve as both a connector and a disconnect switch,” said Luke Handahl, Product Engineer at Turck. “Also, with the ability to have a quick disconnect connector, the motor change-out process is simplified. With previous hardwired solutions, maintenance had to work through a cumbersome and time-intensive process for equipment change-out. Turck’s new Meltric connector offering can be simply disconnected with the push of a button and they meet all required electrical safety guidelines for this process.”
Turck’s preassembled Meltric connectors are IP66 and IP67 rated. The connectors are available in 20 amp, 30 amp and 60 amp versions, which include variations with auxiliary contacts. The offering has standard connectors that carry UL, CSA and IEC listings, and is also available with connectors that carry hazardous location approvals. The hazardous location connectors are rated to ATEX Category 2 for gases and dust, and IECEx zone 1, and also carry CSA Class I, Division 2 and Class II, Division 2 as well as CSA Class I Zone 1 and Class II Zone 21 (for US and Canada).
Turck Preassembled Meltric Connectors Press Release
Turck Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
SMC Pneumatics AV2000-A / 3000-A / 4000-A / 5000-A series soft start-up valves offer low speed air supply to gradually raise initial pressure in an air system and for quick exhaust by cutting off air supply. SMC has updated the series with a number of improvements:
- Power consumption: 0.35W, a reduction of 80% compared to the old model
- Improved flow rate characteristics: Up to 2.3 times C[dm3/(s・bar)]: 9.2
- Energy saving: No air flow when the main valve is switched
- Improved adjustability at low speed air supply
- Smaller profile and less work hours due to integrated silencer
SMC Pneumatics' VBAT series tanks are designed to directly mate with VBA boosters to add a reservoir of higher pressure air to the system. With such a reservoir of high pressure air, the booster is able to charge the system during periods of low demand. Available in carbon or stainless steel, the tanks are available in four sizes from 5 to 38 liters in capacity. Made specifically for the US, these air tanks are compliant with ASME Section VIII-Division 1 standards.
SMC Pneumatics VBAT-X105 Air Tanks
SMC Pneumatics Technical Datasheets
SMC Pneumatics' JXC*1 is a single axis controller for their LE series 24VDC step motors compatible with several fieldbus protocols including Ethernet/IP fieldbus. Actuator motors can be operated by calling a line of step data or by direct numerical instruction, each possible over the network. Futher fieldbus compatible functions include return to origin, alarm outputs and resets, parameter setup, status monitoring, and trial runs.
- Communication protocols include EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet.
- Operation command can be done using the preset step data in the controller or using position/speed values from the PLC.
- Current speed, current position, alarm codes and other numerical information can be monitored on the PLC.
- Two communication ports are provided, with transition wiring possible for the DeviceNet version using a branch connector.
- Both air and electric systems can be established under the same protocol.
Friday, January 6, 2017
With enormous intensity, from 900 to 1200 lumens, the innovative LED light from Rittal shines into every corner of industrial enclosures, from the roof to the floor. No other enclosure light on the market today delivers up to three times the luminous flux of the next closest competitor.
Rittal’s intelligent lighting is tailored to the geometry of the enclosure. A rotating Fresnal structured optical cover disperses light throughout the entire enclosure.
The LED system light simplifies with enormous intensity:
- Optimum illumination of the entire enclosure
- Fitted horizontally or vertically to existing rails; no loss of space
- Motion detectors equipped with rotating LED board; adaptable light direction
- Fast tool-free assembly
- Optional clip, screw and magnetic attachment
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Pepperl+Fuchs announces updates to their Bebco EPS 6000 Series Purge System. These updates include:
- Modified control unit housing
- Square housing with larger lid to provide a tighter gasket seal.
- Manifold is now easier to access, remove and install.
- Option to use metal cable glands for IS entries.
- Redesigned EPV vent
- Slotted vent cap allows for a more accurate flow rate.
- New Type 4X/IP66, plunger style, EPV vent for bottled gas or low flow, capable of purging at 2 SCFM.
- Improved connector end requires only one gasket to improve leakage.
- Updated certification to the latest standards of ATEX, cUL and CSA.
The user interface allows programming of up to 4 switch inputs, temperature modules, enclosure power contacts, 2 auxiliary outputs, and various operational functions. Also, the user interface screen allows monitoring and easy configuration.
Among the additional features are inputs for system bypass, enclosure power on/off, temperature overload and activation of Rapid Exchange flow for cooling or auxiliary relay for separate cooling source, and delay power shutdown. Component kits are available for custom installations.
Pepperl+Fuchs Bebco EPS 6000 Purge System
Pepperl+Fuchs Technical Datasheets