Friday, September 18, 2015
The NEWPORT® iTHX-SD transmitter lets you monitor and record Temperature, Relative Humidity and Dew Point over an Ethernet network or the Internet with no special software except a Web Browser.
The iTHX-SD serves Active Web Pages to display real time readings, display charts of temperature and humidity, or log data in standard data formats for use in a spreadsheet or data acquisition program such as Excel or Visual Basic. The virtual chart viewed on the web page is a JAVA™ Applet that records a chart over the LAN or Internet in real time. With the iTHX-SD, there is no need to invest time and money learning a proprietary software program to log or chart the data.
SD Flash Memory Card
The iTHX-SD comes complete with a removable 2 GB SD Flash Memory card that can store up to seven years of readings taken at ten second intervals.
Records on SD Flash Cards
The data is recorded on widely available SD (Secure Digital) flash cards. The format is a simple text file that is easily imported to spread sheets and other programs. It can be read on a PC or MAC with a USB card reader. You can also download the data remotely over an Ethernet network or the Internet.
The iTHX-SD features two 1.5 Amp relays. With the easy Web-based setup page, the two relays can be programmed for any combination of temperature or humidity, and high or low set points. The relays can also be programmed to remain latched and require a manual reset if a limit is exceeded.
The iTHX-SD comes with a universal 100 to 240 Vac power adapter. A standard 9 Volt Alkaline battery (also included) allows the device to log data for up to 2 days without external ac power. A failure on the Ethernet network will not interrupt data recording.
Chart scales are fully adjustable on the fly. For example, the chart can display one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month or one year. Temperature and humidity can be charted across the full span (-40 to 124°C, and 0 to 100% RH) or within any narrow range such as (20 to 30°C). When a second sensor is added, users can select a chart that records channel 1, channel 2, or the difference of the two channels.
The iTHX-SD is simple to install and use, and features Newport's award-winning iServer technology that requires no special software except a Web Browser. The iTHX-SD connects to an Ethernet Network with a standard RJ45 connector and sends data in standard TCP/IP packets. It is easily configured with a simple menu using a Web Browser and can be password protected. From within an Ethernet LAN or over the Internet, the user simply types its IP address or an easy to remember name such as "Cleanroom5" or "ServerRoom" in any Web Browser, and the iTHX-SD serves a Web Page with the current readings.
All iTHX-SD models that are on a LAN that is connected to the Internet can trigger an alarm that can be sent by email to a user or a distribution list anywhere in the world, including text messages to cell phones and PDA's.
Link to Web CAM or IP Camera
The Web page includes a link to a “Web Cam” or “IP camera” (not included). If you get a message about an alarm condition, you can quickly click on the link to view the actual scene over the Internet.
Display and Chart Two Channels
The iTHX-SD transmitters come complete with a temperature and humidity probe for measurement of a single location. With the addition of a second probe, the iTHX-SD transmitter can measure and display temperature, humidity and dew point in a second location up to ten feet away. The transmitter can display and chart absolute measurements in both locations, or a differential measurement between the two locations. The second probe requires no change to the basic iTHX-SD transmitter hardware, it can be added at the time of purchase or in the future. Newport offers a choice of industrial probes in 2" and 5" lengths, and a wand style for ambient indoor applications. A simple DB-9 "Y" connector is available for adding a second probe.
Sensor and Calibration
It is not necessary to take the iTHX-SD out of service for routine calibration. The temperature / humidity sensors are interchangeable and can be replaced for about the same cost as a typical calibration. Newport offers replacement sensors with optional 3-point NIST traceable calibration certificates.
The iTHX-SD is great for monitoring temperature + humidity in applications such as: clean rooms, computer rooms, HVAC systems, pharmaceutical and food processing and storage, hospitals, laboratories, semiconductor fabs, electronic assembly, warehousing, museums, manufacturing, greenhouses, farm animal shelters, and many more.
Newport Electronics Temperature + Humidity Virtual Chart Recorder
Newport Electronics Technical Datasheets
Phoenix Contact's SFN gigabit series of Ethernet switches now includes three new compact, competitively priced, five-port models. This addition provides an alternative product recommendation to the 8GT, ideal for applications that require fewer connections.
All three variants support gigabit speed on all ports, and have a large, 8000+ entry MAC address table capability. The SFN 5GT model mirrors the number-one selling SFN 5TX, with additional capabilities, such as Quality of Service (QoS) frame processing.
The slightly larger SFNT 5GT adds redundant power inputs, user-selectable link monitoring, alarm contacts, cable locking/port blocking, and an extended temperature rating.
Additionally, the SFNT 5GT-C employs a conformal coating to address potentially problematic installations in a caustic or corrosive environment.
- Five copper ports support gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbps) transmission
- Jumbo frame support
- QoS processing
- 8,192 entry MAC address table
- -10°C to 60°C (SFN), -40°C to 75°C (SFNT)
- 10VDC – 60VDC supply voltage range
- Alarm contact and redundant power connection (SFNT)
- Link monitoring (SFNT)
- UL 508 and CID2
Banner Engineering's K90 series of indicators are now available in Daylight Visible. These large lights are developed to allow more visibility in areas with high levels of ambient light or direct sunlight and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
The key differences between the K90FDL and K90TFDL are highlighted below: K90FDL models are available in 1- to 5-color models. Only one color can be activated at a time. All models include a flashing input wire that will trigger any active color to flash at a rate of 1.6 Hz. K90TFDL models are meant for use when there is a possibility of more than one color being activated at a time. When more than one color is activated, the indicators will alternate between all active colors at a rate of 1 Hz. Models are available with two to five colors in one device.
- Intense levels of light output for outdoor applications
- Models are available with up to five colors in one device
- Rugged IP67-rated design
- 12 to 30 V dc operation
- K90TFDL models alternate between colors when multiple inputs are active
- K90FDL models have an auxiliary input line for flashing an active input
Red Lion Controls, the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, today announced the company has been recognized in eight Control Design Readers' Choice Awards 2015 award categories, including the coveted top Panel Meter slot. This marks the 15th consecutive year that the readers of Control Design have named Red Lion the leading provider of panel meters in the industry.
"Each year we ask Control Design's readers, practicing machine automation professionals, to share with us their supplier preferences in a variety of technology categories," said Mike Bacidore, editor-in-chief of Control Design magazine. "Red Lion's consistent ranking atop the Panel Meter category is a clear indication of its technology leadership and customer commitment."
In addition to panel meters, readers listed Red Lion as an acclaimed brand in the following categories:
- Operator Interface
- Software, HMI
- Data Recorder
- Network Components, Wired
- Network Components, Wireless
- Network Protocol Converters/Bridges/Adapters
- Network Routers & Switches
Honeywell's WMPR Series Limitless™ Wireless Multi-Protocol Receiver is a reliable DIN-rail or panel-mountable receiver that is designed to receive a wireless signal from a Limitless™ digital or analog input or node. The receiver then communicates the Limitless™ digital or analog node status (i.e., switch open or closed, pressure value) to an EtherNet/IP™ compliant Master device (i.e., programmable logic controller. Accommodating up to 14 Limitless™ digital or analog nodes, the WMPR Series is designed for applications requiring multiple wireless inputs.
- LCD’s function buttons allow user to easily navigate the menu to obtain status of the switch actuation state, sensor value, battery condition, RF signal loss, node pairing, node update rate, fault indications, etc.
- Range of 305 m [1000 ft]
- Direct or remote-mount antenna options for space and/or signal transmission optimization
- Ability to reconfigure multiple inputs allows for adding, subtracting, or relocating Limitless™ inputs
- Durable thermoplastic (ABS) housing
- Sealed to IP20 and designed with a combination of din-rail or through-hole mount for installation ease
- RJ-45 EtherNet connection with a lever-actuating connector allows easy installation
- Output is ODVA certified (certification pending); EtherNet/IP Conformance Tested™
- Backward- and forward-compatible with all of the available Limitless™ family of products
Honeywell Sensing and Control announces its Limitless™ Wireless Pressure Sensors, Point-to-Point (P2P), WPS Series. In process, oil & gas and factory floor environments, wireless pressure sensors are already commonly used. These types of sensors are accurate, reliable and offer increased levels of customization (battery life, firmware/software). However, their features have created products that are costly ($1200+) for many applications, and many features are not typically needed.
Limitless™ Wireless Pressure Sensors, P2P, WPS Series, are designed to replace applications that are currently wired, or that are used:
- In new applications where wired devices are not economical/feasible (i.e., wireless transmitters);
- Where wiring and connections cause reliability issues; or
- Where increased functionality can be realized by eliminating wires.
- Wireless design Radio (license-free and global) WPAN 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz, point-to-point provides increased reliability, flexibility and security in wireless transmission
- Up to 305 m [1000 ft] line-of-sight communication range when used with Honeywell’s Limitless™ Wireless Multi-Protocol Receiver, WMPR Series (sold separately)
- Measures gage and absolute pressures with ranges: 0 to 50 psi, 200 psi, 500 psi, 1000 psi, 1500 psi, 5000 psi, or 10,000 psi
- Global availability due to a variety of inputs with Ethernet I/P™ PLC connections
- Total Error Band ±2.0%
- Operating temperature range -40 °C to 70 °C [-40 °F to 158 °F]
- IP67 sealed plastic enclosure with 316L Port and Hastelloy® C-276 diaphragm
- Direct, remote or built-in antenna options
- Sensor’s body can be rotated/swiveled 350° about the port axis so that the LCD can be oriented in the desirable reading position after installation
- Replaceable, readily-available battery
- Certification: USA: FCC; Canada: IC; European Union: RTTE/ETSI