Friday, April 24, 2015
Phoenix Contact's UNO Power family now includes two new higher-power 150W (6.3A) and 240W (10A) devices. The value-powered reliability that has become the hallmark feature of the smaller output devices is also part of these two new power supplies.
The 24VDC/ 150W (6.3A) output device has a high-quality, rugged plastic housing and provides more power than a comparable sized device and at a better price.
The 24VDC/ 240W output version is a metal-housing device that provides a rugged and reliable 10A of output power for the value minded customer. At only 45mm wide, the 240W UNO is among the smallest 10A power supplies available in the market today.
Both power supply variants have an adjustable output range of 24-28VDC . They also have an operational temperature range of -25°C to +70°C.
Phoenix Contact UNO Power Supply Additions
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Newport Electronics announces their new PLATINUM configuration software, a Windows-based configuration and monitoring tool for NEWPORT PLATINUM product family.
Easy, Assured Connections
- Operates over Serial, USB or Ethernet Channel
- ‘Force Mode’ ensures connectivity thru USB with no device pre-configuration requirements
- Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP/IP support
- Allows remote configuration of devices
- Dynamic setting of Inputs, Outputs, Alarms, Setpoints, Annunciators, PID Parameters and Ramp & Soak profiles
- Emulates Front Panel to provide run time monitoring
- Simple ‘point and click’ configuration for all settable parameters
- Integrated charting with zoom capability for process tuning and monitoring
- Interactive Auto-tuning
- Manual over-ride mode for both Process Input and Control Output values
- Full Access to 99 Ramp & Soak Profiles, with 8 cycles per profile
- Ability to link between profiles for complex systems, process cycling
- Selective output activation for batching control sequencing
- Error reporting based on RAMP, SOAK or CYCLE time
- Selective loading of configuration, tuning and Ramp & Soak profile information
- Files tagged with extended documentation (author, date, application)
- Files compatible to integral PLATINUM – USB Flash Drive LOAD/SAVE commands
- Standard Tab Delimited file format – export to spread sheet for extended editing
- Internal tool used in verification testing – always up to date with latest features
- ‘1 click ’, self-extracting installation file
- Validates current Platinum Firmware
The next generation of Magelis iDisplays from Schneider Electric feature multi-touch monitors enabling you to use common gestures such as swiping and pinching in industrial applications. Updated connectivity to seamlessly connect to a Magelis Box PC (or third party PC) via DVI-D (for video) and USB (for touch screen).
- With its sturdy aluminum housing with wide operating temperature (0…60ºC), the iDisplay will operate in harsh environments. It conforms to IP66F, IP67F and Type NEMA 4X/3 (Indoor Use Only).
- Resistive touch screens allow operators to wear gloves while interacting with the machine. The multi-touch capability is compatible with Windows 8.1 and allows the system developer to take advantage of tablet-style software interfaces.
- The color TFT LCD displays are XGA (1024 x 768) resolution, can display 16M colors and the LED backlight is rated for 50,000 hours of operation. To help save energy and extend the life of the display, the iDisplay has an integrated brightness sensor that can automatically adjust the backlight intensity depending on the ambient light of the surroundings.
- The iDisplay can be panel mounted utilizing its integrated fasteners or it can be mounted via VESA mount on the back of the unit
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
To keep up with the continuing shrinking sizes of control devices, TURCK is excited to announce its smallest Industrial Ethernet connectivity solution available to date. TURCK’s new M8 Ethernet will offer all of the benefits customers are accustomed to from TURCK Ethernet connectivity, but in a smaller package for applications with limited space. With the ability to transfer up to 100Mbps of data, TURCK’s new M8 connector for Ethernet is suitable for various Industrial Ethernet protocols, including EtherCAT. It utilizes a shielded CAT 5e cable, with the 360 degree shielding carried through to the coupling nut. In addition, the cable offers a high flex rating.
“In conjunction with the release of our ultra-compact TBEN-S module, which utilizes M8 Ethernet for the bus connection, we wanted to offer our customers an Industrial Ethernet connectivity solution for applications with limited space,” said Laura Schweitz, Product Manager for TURCK. “Not only are we able to offer our customers a M8 sized Ethernet solution, but we are able to do so without compromising functionality that they have enjoyed from the rest of our Industrial Ethernet line.”
The M8 connector for Ethernet is ideal for use with TURCK’s new ultra-compact digital TBEN-S modules. The compact connector design is rugged and suitable for use in IP67 rated environments. It will reliably operate in temperatures ranging from -40° C to 70° C. The overmolded construction eliminates time-consuming hand-wiring and misconfigurations common to twisted pair cables, and is available in both straight and right angle configurations. In addition, hybrid cordsets are available, to convert from the M8 connector to a D-code M12 or RJ45.
Turck M8 Ethernet Connector
Turck Technical Datasheets
Monday, April 13, 2015
Banner Engineering’s Q3X is a problem-solving, laser contrast sensor that builds upon and complements existing Banner sensors. The QS18 and QS30 laser diffuse sensors have been Banner’s go-to, problem-solving products for many years for challenging part-presence applications.
The Q3X expands the types of applications Banner can solve due to its rugged metal housing, a three-digit display for easy to read feedback and versatility in solving challenging part-detection applications with small contrast differences.
Now available with fixed background suppression, the Q3X can overcome limitations of standard diffuse-mode sensors where objects in the background can affect the sensor. Out of the box, the Q3X works like a fixed-field sensor and reliably sees targets within the 0 to 50 mm sensing range. The sensor can also be programed for low contrast detection within a 0 to 50 mm teachable sensing range while ignoring objects at least 60 mm away.
- Solves challenging part-detection applications with small contrast differences
- High-speed part detection as fast as 250 μs, capturing up to 2,000 events per second
- Angled three-digit display is easily viewed from multiple vantage points
- Display provides clear user feedback for easy setup, and bright output indicator provides high visibility of sensor operation
- Intuitive setup utilizing two tactile buttons located below the display
- Rugged, nickel-plated zinc, laser-marked housing suitable for use even in environments where cutting fluids and oils might be present
- Rated to IP67, IP68 and IP69K
- Robust immunity to fluorescent light interference
- Short-range models available with background suppression capability
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
As an addition to Banner Engineering's SI Safety Interlocking Switch family, the SI series of safety limit (position) switches expand the solutions for monitoring the position of a wide variety of guards, gates, covers, and other movable machine fixtures/tooling. These switches can be employed in interlocked guard safety applications because of the positive-opening design of the normally closed contacts (per IEC 60947-5-1). They can also solve simple position monitoring applications, such as end-of-travel and home-position.
Three new series have been introduced:
- SI-LM40: die-cast aluminum housing and metal actuating systems provide a robust switch for the industrial environment.
- SI-LS31: plastic body provides protective insulation and is resistant to many aggressive chemicals and liquids found in the industrial environment.
- SI-LS83: compact, plastic body for confined spaces.
A wide variety of actuating systems and contact arrangements are available.
The Platinum Series temperature controller from Newport Electronics features a large, 9-segment LED, three-color, programmable display with the capability to change color and/or change the state of designated outputs every time an alarm is triggered. Various configurations of mechanical relay, SSR, DC pulse, and analog voltage or current outputs are available.
Every unit comes standard with USB communications for firmware updates, configuration management, and data transfer. Optional Ethernet and RS232/ RS485 serial communications are also available.
- UL and cUL Certified
- High Performance
- High Accuracy
- Extremely Versatile yet Easy and Intuitive to Use
- Full Autotune PID with Fuzzy Logic Adaptive Control
- Up to 99 Programs with 16 Ramps, Soaks and Chaining
- No Jumpers to Set, Totally Firmware Configurable
- Fast Read Rate (20 samples/sec)
- USB Communications Standard on Every Model
The WLB92 LED Light Bar from Banner Engineering is a multi-purpose, AC or DC strip light with a rugged, metal housing and shatterproof light cover. The WLB92 is energy efficient with extremely bright LEDs that have a 50,000+ hour lifetime.
Available in two lengths, the WLB92 is more efficient and over two times brighter than the WLB32 light. The new conduit option allows for greater flexibility in installation. The WLB92 LED Light bar is an industrial LED lighting solution that is competitive from both a performance and price standpoint.
- Increase worker productivity and ergonomics with bright, high-quality, uniform light
- Durable light stands up in your environment with a rugged metal housing and shatterproof light cover
- No maintenance time or cost with long-life, energy-efficient LEDs
- Flexibility to place light where needed with ac and dc models
- Easy installation with a variety of mounting options: surface, swivel, snap and hanging brackets
- AC models are DLC qualified and have a five year warranty
- Dimming knob (optional) allows you to customize lights
- Models available with 1/2-inch trade size conduit knockouts for continuous run and permanent installations
- Quick-Disconnect for cabinet, bench and portable applications
- Choose from two lengths, 550 or 1100 mm
TURCK presents the first ultra-compact, digital block-I/O modules of the new TBEN-S (Small) series. The fully potted IP67 modules are only 1.25” x 5.6” and allow assembly directly on the machine. With their extended temperature range from -40 °C to +70 °C degrees, the devices are highly versatile. Even with the new compact design every TBEN-S module can be operated without additional gateways in each of the three Ethernet systems PROFINET®, Modbus TCP ™or EtherNet/IP™. Additionally, thanks to TURCK’s multiprotocol technology, the devices recognize the used protocol automatically by listening to the communication during the start-up phase. An integrated switch allows the use of the devices in line topology.
“The release of the digital TBEN-S provides our customers with a flexible solution that can be mounted directly to machine, and at a smaller size than anyone else on the market.” said Product Manager Noah Glenn. “Additionally, the digital TBEN-S is availble in a wide variety of options so customers can have exactly what their application needs.”
The TBEN-S modules are available in five variants: four digital inputs and outputs, eight digital inputs with module diagnostics, eight digital inputs with channel diagnostics, eight digital outputs as well as eight universal digital inputs and outputs. The outputs switch a current of up to 2 A. Each output channel is continuously monitored by the integrated diagnostic system that records all events in the device’s event log. This simplifies troubleshooting and reduces downtimes significantly. The internal web server, which can be used to display diagnostics in plain text, also contributes to this. The web page has been set up following the concept of “Responsive Design” so that a smartphone can also be used for easy diagnosis.
Turck TBEN-S Ultra-Compact Multiprotocol I/O Modules
Turck Technical Datasheets
In the continuing expansion of the Heavycon EVO product line, Phoenix Contact has added twin-cable exit housings for their Heavycon EVO Plastic line.
Some applications require power and signal (or data) to be connected, which may require two separate cables because of shielding concerns. Heavycon EVO, with its patented bayonet-locking gland, addresses that need and still allows the versatility of the cable exit direction to be determined on-site. The twin cable exit model is available in the popular B-series, sizes B10, B16 and B24, and it accepts the fixed and modular inserts. The Heavycon EVO twin-cable exit hoods allow any of the four bayonet glands (M20, M25, M32, or M40) to be used with the three different sized housings.
The robust plastic connector system offers high reliability and durable construction even in applications with high impact and vibrations. Test results prove Heavycon EVO offers improved structural integrity over the typical metal housings from the competition.
Phoenix Contact Heavycon EVO Housings w/ Twin-Cable Exits
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
With its newest communication expansion module, Phoenix Contact's Nanoline controller can now communicate on the Verizon network . The NLC-COM-CELLULAR-CDMA allows easy and cost-efficient communication via SMS to remote locations that require simple control capabilities. This makes Nanoline the perfect control solution for remote pumping stations, remote tank monitoring sites, or simply any location that requires local control and has Verizon network coverage.
The Nanoline CDMA communication expansion module connects to the left of the Nanoline base station and is configured with the Nanonavigator software. The modem’s phone book can store up to sixteen 18-digit phone numbers that can be configured to receive program messages and/or fault or warning messages. The phone book may also be used to limit access of incoming SMS messages.
The introduction of the CDMA modem expands the communication options for Nanoline programmable controller family. There is no other nano PLC with an integrated CDMA modem. Sending an SMS message is just as easy as sending a message to the optional Nanoline LCD operator panel.
Phoenix Contact Nanoline CDMA Modem for Verizon
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Carling Technologies USB V-Charger is designed to charge tablets, e-readers, mobile and gaming devices, digital cameras, as well as other compatible electronic devices.
Providing a total current of 3.15 amps, the V-Charger delivers fast charging times even in extreme temperatures from -40 ̊C to +80 ̊C. This innovative product safeguards its electronics with integrated over-current and thermal overload protection, as well as optional load dump circuitry, assuring prolonged safe and reliable operation. The center LED indicates charging is in progress. Snap-in mounting for an industry standard 1.450” x .830” panel cutout makes installation easy.
Carling Technologies V-Series USB 2.0 Charger
Carling Technologies Technical Datasheets
Red Lion Controls, the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, announces the addition of the N-Tron® series 1008TX unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch to its industrial networking solutions portfolio. The new industrial switch, which offers eight 10/100/1000Base-T(X) ports with support for jumbo frames, features an extended operating temperature and wider power input range than most competitive offerings.
Red Lion’s 1008TX is a plug-and-play, unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch housed in a hardened, metal DIN-rail mountable enclosure designed to provide cost-effective, reliable performance in the harshest industrial environments. Ideal for use in mission-critical data acquisition, security and surveillance, control and Ethernet I/O applications, the 1008TX delivers low latency and high bandwidth to industrial networks.
“Faster, high-volume data and video applications are becoming the norm in industrial networking,” said Diane Davis, director of product management, networking at Red Lion Controls. “Users implementing Gigabit Ethernet networks to manage this flow of information will find that our new N-Tron series 1008TX switches cost-effectively deliver reliability and high performance in a rugged, space-saving package.”
1008TX switch features include:
- Compact design: 4.6”x 1.5” x 4.0” packaging is ideal for space-constrained applications
- Hardened metal DIN-rail enclosure: built to last in the toughest industrial environments with unmatched tolerance to 50 g shock and 200 g vibration
- Extended environmental specifications: UL Class I, Div. 2 listing, CE and IEC 1613 compliance and a wide -40° to 85°C temperature range guarantees reliability in extreme locations
- Redundant power inputs: 10-49 VDC keeps devices online in the event of a power supply failure