Phoenix Contact introduces its first pluggable surge protective device (SPD) that mounts directly in a standard load center in place of two 1-inch circuit breakers: the VAL-SQ NP.
The VAL-SQ NP is an SPD that provides whole-house surge protection in a panel-mount, pluggable form. It contains a high-energy suppression circuit that provides 32 kA (8/20 μs) of surge current protection per phase. Each surge suppression mode also has over-current and thermal fusing for safety.
The VAL-SQ NP has the same footprint as two standard 1-inch pitch circuit breakers, operating status lights to provide verification of protection, and allows homeowners to safely replace the plug themselves. Similar products in the industry require the skills of an electrician to replace the surge component at end-of-life.
- 32 kA (8/20 μs) surge current capacity per phase protects against high-energy lightning strikes and transient voltages
- Initial installation by a certified electrician; plug replacement by homeowner
- UL nominal surge discharge current (In) rating of 10 kA
- LEDs provide continuous feedback on the status of each phase
- UL 1449 3rd edition classified