Thursday, October 30, 2014
Banner Engineering's high speed DF-G2 fiber amplifiers now offer several LED colors to maximize contrast in challenging low-contrast applications. For example, a green LED generates more signal difference (i.e. contrast) when detecting a red mark on a white background than a red LED can generate. White, green, blue and infrared LED colors are available to cover the broadest range of applications. The IR LED model is especially useful with “T5” terminated glass fiber assemblies and provides almost two times more detection range than the red LED.
The DF-G2 series is the high-speed version of the DF-G fiber optic amplifier family. The DF-G2 was designed to achieve the world’s fastest response speed and precise repeatability for fiber optic sensing applications. A much brighter LED and a more effective coupled optical system was designed to extend sensing range and improve speed. The result is a sensor that can achieve 10 microsecond response time with 5 microsecond repeatability.
Banner Engineering DF-G2 Fiber Amplifiers
Banner Engineering Technical Datasheets
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
With UL Class I, Zone 1 and Type 4X ratings, the EF1A series of LED flood lights from IDEC can be used in hazardous locations, making it well-suited to handle applications in oil & gas industries, water treatment, chemical plants, painting booths and more. This design also allows for increased mounting versatility with mounting options including adjustable, fixed angle, or no mounting bracket. And with major international certifications, EF1A can even be used in applications worldwide.
- Heavy-duty aluminum housing with reinforced glass lens
- Narrow-angle and wide-angle beam models available
- Clear or translucent lenses
- Available with adjustable, fixed angle or no mounting bracket
- Four conduit sizes available
- Type 4X (IP67) without switch
- Type 3S (IP65) with switch
Monday, October 27, 2014
Pro-face America has launched the new GP4000M series rear module for their GP4x01M series of HMIs. The GP4000M Rear Module offers two unique data management architectures.
- Thanks to the large library of 3rd party protocols supported, the GP4000M Rear Module can be deployed as a "Factory Gateway". As a Factory Gateway, the GP4000M can bridge devices from two different networks, each network operating on a different industrial communications protocol.
- For applications where operator interaction is not required or infrequent and data collection is necessary the GP4000M operating as a "blind node" makes for a cost effective solution. Coupled with our Remote HMI app, screens that are normally displayed through a display unit, can be viewed on a tablet, smartphone, or any device that can support a web browser.
- Supports a large selection of Serial or Ethernet protocols (set up to 2 protocols)
- USB interfaces can be used for project transfer to connect BCR scanners, printers and memory devices
- Connectivity to EZ-Series USB solutions
- Programmed with the versatile GP-Pro EX Screen Development software
- Quick mounting into a standard 22mm hole without he need to create a larger panel cutout.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Pepperl+Fuchs PS3500 universal power supply supports 90-230VAC and 90-300VDC inputs with a 15A @ 24VDC adjustable output. The PS3500 backplane comes in two different sizes, a 3-unit and a 6-unit backplane. Best of all, the PS3500 is completely backwards compatible and interchangeable with the previous generation PS2500 in case your application needs it.
The PS3500 can be used in Class 1, Div 2 and ATEX Zone 2 installations, and is ETL listed for US and Canada. It also has UL approvals for US and Canada. The PS3500 offers improved diagnostics capabilities and will be easily integrated into overall system diagnostics in the future. An optional diagnostic module can be added to the backplane to provide real-time input and output power monitoring.
Oil & gas, petrochemical and chemical industries benefit from the PS3500's system integrity and prevention of downtime, which could be very expensive even for a short period of time. With the N+1 feature, cabinet space is kept to a minimum. The PS3500 is also hot swappable from the backplane.
- Highly reliable design
- N+1 redundancy configuration
- High MTBF
- Higher efficiency (91%)
- Fanless design
- Improved system integrity
- Lower life cycle cost
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Pepperl+Fuchs introduces the R2000 Detection Laser Scanner. Smaller than most coffee mugs, these 2D laser scanners feature a 360-degree gapless measurement angle with angular resolution within 0.071 degrees, scan frequency to 30 Hz and object detection down to 1 mm. An eye-safe visible red laser simplifies alignment and, because the light spot is up to 15 times smaller than competitive technology, it enables precise detection of very small objects or reflectors. R2000 Detection Scanners can also detect objects up to 10 m away and reflectors up to 30 m away, with measurement repeatability that is always within 12 mm of true distance value. A 360 degree LED display provides quick visual status indication.
“R2000 Detection scanners set a new standard for intuitive, user-friendly and precise laser scanner performance. They come equipped with discrete I/O and four user-configurable detection fields that can be edited and assigned to a specific, discrete output with intuitive and free software,” says Michael Turner, Product Manager – Photoelectric Sensing. “Additionally, these scanners measure distance with true time-of-flight Pulse Ranging Technology (PRT), which means distance measurement is not limited by the geometric layout of the sensor optics. Consequently, compact PRT sensors deliver significantly greater detection ranges than is attainable with triangulation based sensors, while still providing a high degree of accuracy and repeatability.”
High angular resolution and positioning accuracy combined with simple setup make R2000 Detection well-suited for use in material handling applications as well as building automation and transport management. In fact their innovative features provide significant advantages for use in many other areas, too, regardless of the industry.
Potential applications include, but are not limited to, detecting protrusions or obstacles over large area, collision avoidance on overhead monorails, detecting small overhangs such as damaged pallets, monitoring entryways and exits, controlling the height of pallets on palletizers, and verifying empty, full, or overfilled cartons on conveyors.
These IP65 rated scanners have an anticipated operating life of 20 years in operating temperatures from -10 ... 50 °C (14 ... 122 °F). R2000 Detection offers 4 digital I/O channels. Each channel can be configured as an input or as an output (NPN or PNP).
Pepperl+Fuchs, 1600 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, OH 44087; (330) 486-0001; fax: (330) 405-4710; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.pepperl-fuchs.us.
Pepperl+Fuchs R2000 Detection Laser Scanner
Pepperl+Fuchs Technical Datasheets
Monday, October 20, 2014
Banner Engineering's TL70 Tower Light is a 70mm, modular LED indicator with extremely bright and uniform light. The modularity gives the user flexibility to customize tower lights as needed and change positions in the field. The TL70 is also available pre-assembled for easy installation.
- Light segments have user-selectable solid ON or flashing
- Up to five colors plus audible in one device
- Rugged, water-resistant IP65 housing with UV-stabilized material
- Bright, uniform indicator segments appear gray when off to eliminate false indication from ambient light
- Several connection options to choose from, including M12/Euro-style quick-disconnect, cabled and terminal-wired
Monday, October 13, 2014
The K90 family of indicators by Banner Engineering is rugged, highly uniform and very bright. These indicators can withstand high levels of impact as well as washdown with an IP67 enclosure rating. The key differences between the K90L and K90TL are highlighted below:
K90L - Available in 1- to 5-color models. Only one color can be activated at a time. All models include a flashing input wire that will trigger any active color to flash at a rate of 1.6 Hz.
K90TL - Meant for use when there is a possibility of more than one color being activated at a time. When more than one color is activated, the indicators will alternate between all active colors at a rate of 1 Hz. Models are available with two to five colors in one device.
- Bright, uniform indicator light
- Models are available with up to five colors in one device
- Rugged IP67-rated design
- 12 to 30VDC operation
Friday, October 10, 2014
Phoenix Contact introduces a new line of push-in spring technology terminal blocks for high power applications. Screw-type connections have long dominated larger wire terminations, because a suitable spring version was not available. More customers have requested a spring-type version for the added benefits it offers, including a faster, reliable termination, as well as consistent connection technology among all connections within their cabinet. PTPOWER fulfills these requirements with a fast, safe and reliable connection for wires up to 4/0 AWG.
These high-power blocks have similar accessories and design as their smaller counterparts in the CLIPLINE Complete line, including marking and testing adaptors.
The PTPOWER 95 is the first in a series of high-power spring terminal blocks from Phoenix Contact featuring Power Turn technology. This is a short lever movement to open and close the termination area. When the termination area is opened, the springs are now loose and not kinetically charged, achieving an extra level of safety. This feature makes the PTPOWER 95 the only finger-safe spring terminal block for these larger conductors. In addition to this quick and safe Power Turn feature, Phoenix Contact's unique push-in capabilities allow direct wire termination. This is the world’s fastest way to connect wires greater than 2 AWG. With the terminal block in the “closed” position, the user simply pushes a wire in until it stops, for the same reliable connection.
All PTPOWER terminal blocks are also side entry for optimum large conductor routing without the need to accommodate a bending radius. The PTPOWER 95 has multiple accessories for maximum flexibility. These include two- and three-position bridges, individual 2.3mm test point with optional 4mm test point, DIN rail or panel options, and the AGK 10-PTPOWER pick-off terminal, which allows up to four 6 AWG wires added to each block . There are 17 different versions, including blocks prebuilt with three to five positions, black/yellow functional earth (FE) and potential earth (PE) versions.
PTPOWER 95 is rated per UL for 230A at 1000V using 4 to 4/0 AWG wire sizes.
Phoenix Contact PTPOWER 95 Push-In Terminal Blocks
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
The rugged high-performance, high power NEWPORT® zSeries wireless sensor/transmitter system provides Web-based monitoring of Analog Voltage and Current, Temperature, Humidity, and Barometric Pressure.
The radio is a high power IEEE 802.15.4 compliant transmitter operating at 2.4 GHz designed to transmit over greater distances and through more obstructions than the standard transmitter.
These wireless sensors transmit 1000m (3280') - without obstructions or interferences - to a zCDR coordinator or wi8/wiDR meter-controller. The coordinators and controllers connect directly to an Ethernet network and the Internet and serve active Web Pages to display and chart the data.
You can monitor and record analog voltage and current, temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure over an Ethernet network or the Internet without any special software - just your Web Browser.
These zSeries wireless sensors are designed for demanding industrial applications indoors and harsh outdoor environments. The electronics are protected in a rugged weatherproof polycarbonate NEMA 4 (IP65) rated housing. The rugged industrial sensors are supplied with 3m (10') of cable.
- Wireless transmitters available with external probes appropriate for an almost unlimited variety of industrial and commercial applications.
- Triggers an alarm if variables go above or below a set point you determine, sent via e-mail or text message.
- Award winning iServer technology with an embedded web server requires no special software.
- Serves active web pages to display real time readings and charts.
- Data can be logged in standard data formats readable in Excel or Visual Basic.
Monday, October 6, 2014
The XS26-2 and associated expansion modules continue Banner Engineering's development of a new safety controller platform that began with the SC26-2. With up to eight I/O expansion modules, the XS26-2 platform allows you to address larger scale machines. The XS26-2 is designed to be easy to use, flexible and efficient.
- Allows up to eight expansion modules
- Configuration software free of charge
- Real-time live display feedback
- Intuitive functional diagram configuration: logic function blocks including AND, OR, NAND, NOR, SR Flip-Flop, RS Flip-Flop
- Several pre-configured safety function blocks and configurable safety input attributes
- Controller and input modules allow safety inputs to be converted to status outputs for efficient terminal use
- PNP safety outputs can be split into two single channel status or safety outputs for up to Category 3, PL d per ISO 13849-1
- 64 virtual outputs (Ethernet version only)
The HEAVYCON EVO heavy-duty connector line from Phoenix Contact now includes the metal EVO-EMC version. With its patented, innovative bayonet locking gland, the HEAVYCON EVO-EMC provides the same inventory cost-reducing advantage as the HEAVYCON EVO plastic.
Designed for applications that require shielding, the HEAVYCON EVO EMC is compatible with similar B-series connectors from Phoenix Contact and similar models from other manufacturers. Like the HEAVYCON EVO plastic, HEAVYCON EVO EMC accepts both the fixed position inserts and the modular inserts.
Designed for harsh environments, HEAVYCON EVO EMC is manufactured from salt-water-resistant aluminum and meets the requirements of IP66 and NEMA 4/4x/12.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- HEAVYCON EVO EMC metal is designed to meet high shielding requirements
- Cable exit direction can be determined on-site
- 70% inventory reduction savings
- Four bayonet locking glands in M20, M25, M32 and M40 for all size hoods
- Accepts fixed or modular inserts
- EVO is fully compatible with standard B-series housings from Phoenix Contact or other rectangular connector manufacturers
- Meets IP66 and NEMA 4/4x/12
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, has introduced the compact 777 Series Fuse to provide protection for higher-wattage wall-mount chargers for battery-powered electronic equipment. Although chargers for earlier generations of mobile phones had relatively low wattage (typically about 5W), today’s highly compact chargers must often be able to handle 10-15W of power, which requires withstanding higher levels of current. The axial lead, 3.6mm x 9mm 777 Series Fuse incorporates an innovative type of filler material that provides a finely tuned balance between the surge tolerance necessary to prevent nuisance fuse tripping with the fuse’s ability to open safely when a short-circuit occurs. The 777 Series’ robust design lets it withstand up to 24 hits of 7.5kV ringwave surge; it will open safely on a direct short condition without producing soot, sparks, and sounds. Typical applications include wall-mount smartphone and tablet chargers and 10‑20W power supply modules for other battery-powered consumer electronics.
“From the consumer perspective, everybody wants their mobile electronic devices to recharge quickly, so they can get back to using them in the way they were intended. The 777 Series Fuse allows circuit designers to engineer fast, compact, and economical chargers that don’t compromise user safety,” said Daniel Wang, product manager for the 777 Series Fuse line. “Circuit designers can count on Littelfuse for robust fuse design and superior manufacturing quality.”
- Its high interrupting rating design ensures the fuse will open safely under short-circuit conditions without producing soot, sparks, or popping noises.
- The high surge withstand capability prevents nuisance tripping of the fuse caused by transient surges.
- The fuse’s 3.6mm x 9mm footprint conserves board space, which makes it suitable for use in compact wall-mount charger designs.
- Its epoxy coating provides insulation on the vertically mounted fuse body.
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Schneider Electric has expanded its wireless push button line with the dual-action transmitter that works as an electronic momentary switch allowing for more precise movements while still providing all the same benefits as the existing offer. In addition, the dual-action transmitter reduces the number of push buttons essential for remote control stations such as "jogging" a conveyor belt forward. The way the new dual-action transmitter works is it provides a two pulse signal from a single press and release. One signal is sent when the button is pressed and another is sent when the button is released.
Schneider Electric XB5R Wireless Pushbutton Dual-Action Transmitter
Schneider Electric Technical Datasheets