Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Phoenix Contact has introduced several new versions of the FL mGuard industrial security devices. With upgraded hardware and advanced configuration options, the mGuard RS2000 and RS4000 can provide defense-in-depth cyber security in more critical applications.
Like the original mGuard products, some of which were discontinued earlier this year, the RS2000 and the RS4000 variants feature all-in-one firewall, virtual private network (VPN) and routing capability. Thanks to the new metal housing, the new mGuards can operate between -20 and +60 degrees Celsius, compared with 0 to 55 degrees Celsius for the original RS variants. The RS4000 is currently awaiting UL Class I, Div. 2 approval, which will make it suitable for demanding environments, such as the oil and gas industry.
The integrated SD card reader makes managing configurations much easier. Users can save a configuration on an SD card inserted in one mGuard. Then, if they want to use the same settings on another mGuard device, they can insert that card into a new mGuard. Once the mGuard has been configured with an SD card, the settings will remain, even if the SD card is removed, until reconfigured.
The RS2000 is a basic model with a limited firewall (“accept all” or “drop all” options for incoming and outgoing traffic). The full-featured RS4000 has sophisticated security capabilities including CIFS Integrity Monitoring, a full stateful inspection firewall and a user-based firewall, as well as redundancy options and other advanced features.
The RS4000 VPN and RS4000 can both be upgraded to 250 tunnels via a separately sold license. The RS2000 can support two tunnels. All of the new mGuard products have 24 V output and LED illumination on VPN activation.
Learn more at www.phoenixcontact.com/mguard.
Phoenix Contact mGuard Upgrades
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets
Fortress Interlocks amGardpro is the ultimate range of modular safety gate switch interlocks for heavy duty applications. Its unique modular construction allows easy configuration and provides total electro-mechanical solutions for practically any safeguarding application up to SIL3 (EN/IEC 60261) Category 4 and PLe (EN/ISO 13849-1).
With its unrivalled design concept, amGardpro offers a range of fully integrated safety interlocks, including solenoid and non-solenoid safety switches complete with a host of additional options including key control modules, emergency release, redundant sensors, lock out/tag out and push buttons, estops and indication lights for enhanced functionality. The robust construction of this range makes it ideal for use in a wide range of industrial applications when safety, strength and reliability are of paramount importance.
The amGardpro system replaces all adaptions normally fitted within a guarding system, such that additional hardware like door catches, actuators, closing mechanisms, internal release mechanisms, key functions including authorised access and deadlocks are no longer needed. All of these separate functions can be incorporated into amGardpro configurations, resulting in the most flexible safety interlock solution available for today’s industrial environment.
Improved Standards Compliance
- Complies with all new and forthcoming machine safety standards.
- Integrated redundancy sensor solution (with coding options).
- Single motion emergency escape release regardless of solenoid or trapped key locking mechanism.
Enhanced Machine Control Functionality
- Integrated pushbutton control in single unit.
- Up to 3 Illuminated Pushbuttons/Lamps/Selector Switches, plus 1 E-Stop.
- Up to 10 Safety/Access keys in one configuration.
- Stainless steel heads with mounting point, increasing retention force to market leading 10KN.
- Standardisation and enhancement of all anti-vibration features.
- Improved weather resistance.
Valve-regulated lead acid (VRLA) batteries have been the standard battery chemistry for battery back-up systems for years. They have been proven to be a reliable solution for industrial applications. However, they have a crippling limitation: temperature. Most VRLA batteries commonly used have an operational temperature range of -0 to 40 C before experiencing severe derating and operational issues.
This is one of the reasons Phoenix Contact has introduced capacitor-based energy storage. This battery has a wider operational temperature range of -20 to 60 C, allowing battery back-up solutions to be placed in more harsh environments without having to worry about frequent replacements of the battery.
The capacitor technology also allows a back-up system to have a longer operational lifespan before the user has to replace the batteries. This capacitor-based energy storage has an operational life of up to 20 years based upon the ambient conditions – nearly ten times that of the standard VRLA battery.
When used with the QUINT UPS-IQ family of products, users can gain additional visibility into the performance behavior of the capacitors such as:
- State of Charge (SOC): Indicates the remaining backup time and level of charge on the battery. Customers will be able to see the amount of available time left at a quick glance.
- State of Health (SOH): Indicates the remaining service life of the battery module(s). The history of the battery module(s) is recorded and an indication is provided of when the battery needs to be replaced before it becomes a concern.
- State of Function (SOF): Indicates the capacity of the battery module(s). The available capacity of the battery is provided giving indication as to how well the battery is accepting the charge and if the full capacity is still available.
SureCross Wireless Q45 Sensors combine the best of Banner Engineering’s flexible Q45 sensor family with its reliable, field-proven, SureCross wireless architecture to solve new classes of applications limited only by the user’s imagination. Containing a variety of sensor models, a radio, and internal battery supply, this product line is truly plug and play.
- True self-contained wireless: No cables, cordsets or external power
- Long Range: 3,000 ft./1 km line-of-sight minimum
- Extended Battery Life: Up to 5 years on two replaceable AA Lithium batteries, depending on sensor and application.
- Multiple I/O: Supports a wireless network up to 47 Q45 sensors per gateway
- Deterministic: Back ground “heart beat” signal continuously tests connection and provides link loss signal if “heart beat” is missed
- Real-Time Response: ≤250 ms
- Secure Data Transfer: bidirectional system uses pseudo-random frequency hopping with cyclic redundancy checksum
- Antenna: Built-in
- IP67/NEMA 6P: Sealed against liquids and debris common to industrial environments
- Noise Immune Frequency Hopping
- Signal Strength for Site Survey
- Secure Proprietary Protocol
- 2.4GHz Unlicensed Frequency
- Network ID’s allow multiple systems to coexist
- Bidirectional Communication
- Discrete and Analog I/O on the same network
- Deterministic PLC-Level Reliability
Pepperl+Fuchs introduces F76 sub-miniature inductive sensors with 500 mm PVC cable. They feature a 5.5 mm x 8.0 mm low profile, surface mount housing to complement the company’s robust family of rectangular style sensors. Their miniature size and reinforced mounting make them well suited for use in a wide variety of compact industrial and commercial machinery where space is at a premium.
F76 sub-miniature sensors provide a 2 mm nominal sensing with switching frequency to 1500 Hz. They are available in 3-wire NPN and PNP models.
Pepperl+Fuchs is a world leader in the design, manufacture and application of high quality factory and process automation products and services. Pepperl+Fuchs pioneered the development of proximity sensors 50 years ago, and has set the standard for innovation and quality ever since.
Pepperl+Fuchs, 1600 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, OH 44087; (330) 486-0001; fax: (330) 405-4710; email@example.com; www.pepperl-fuchs.us.
Pepperl+Fuchs F76 Series Sub-Miniature Sensors
Pepperl+Fuchs Technical Datasheets
Schneider Electric's XS9 line of full metal inductive proximity sensors are housed in either a 303 or 316L stainless steel one-piece housing, ideal for harsh environments.
The 303 stainless steel one-piece housing with an extremely robust sensor face is highly resistant to mechanical shock and vibration. With “3 times” sensing distance XS9 Inductive Proximity Sensors provide a fast and simple setup. In addition, this improved sensing distance allows greater distance from target to sensor face reducing potential for exposure to impact.
The 316L stainless steel one-piece housing with an extremely robust sensor face is highly resistant to mechanical shock and vibration. The XS full metal sensor is highly resistant to water pressure and exposure providing IP68 and IP69K enclosure protection. With Ecolab compliance, the sensor is resistant to aggressive cleaning processes using chemical agents.
Thanks to Factor 1 sensing feature on both housing versions, both ferrous and non-ferrous targets can be detected from the same distance. Flush and non-flush versions are available to fulfill different mounting needs. With a sensing distance up to 40 mm, OsiSense XS9 ensures reliable detection in most critical applications. With a high switching frequency this sensor allows you to rapidly and precisely detect fast moving metal parts. Operating frequency is 3 to 6 times higher than standard inductive sensors to more accurately detect small objects.
General purpose 303 Stainless Steel Inductive Sensors are well suited for applications such as:
- General Automotive
- Machine Tool
- Metal Working
Weld Field Immune 303 Stainless Steel Inductive Sensors are well suited for applications such as:
- Welding machines
316L Stainless Steel Inductive Sensors are well suited for applications such as:
- Food and beverage
- Marine applications
- Mobile vehicles
With unique one-click mounting and a rotating detection head, the new OsiSense™ XS cubic sensor can be installed quickly and easily on your machines or equipment. Maintenance is simplified thanks to quick mounting and removal, as well as LED indicators of sensor status that are clearly visible from a long distance and from any direction.
- One-click concept makes operation and servicing easier
- Available in cubic and rectangular versions
- 5-position turret head, enabling accurate detection in any direction. Orientation of the head can be adjusted manually and quickly without any special tools.
- Robustness and compliance with SIL2
- First general purpose proximity sensor with SIL2 certification (Safety Integrity Level 2)
- Perfectly suited for use in those industrial applications where there is a high risk of damage or collision with moving parts. Discrete and Analog versions available
- IP69K tested and validated for use in rough industrial environments.
Designed specifically for Mersen’s HP6J series of photovoltaic fuses, these fuse blocks are certified for use with 90°C temperature rated conductors, an industry first. Fuseholders are available with box connectors, stud connectors or combination of the two in order to meet various customer requirements. Insulators are either molded glass-filled polycarbaronate or phenolic with verified dielectric strength in excess of 2500V. All fuse clips are made of high conductivity tin-plated copper.
Mersen HPJ Class J Fuseholders
Mersen Technical Datasheets
Mersen’s HelioProtection® line of UltraSafe fuseholders delivers the function, safety, and level of circuit protection demanded by PV applications. Mersen specially selected enhanced materials when designing this fuseholder in order to provide the level of reliability and system longevity required under constant temperature fluctuation of typical PV sites while providing the level of electrical insulation required for 1000VDC applications. The touch-safe design and tool-free fuse change-outs increase user safety. Combine with Mersen’s HelioProtection HP6M or HP10M fuses for industry leading PV circuit protection.
Mersen HelioProtection UltraSafe Fuseholders
Mersen Technical Datasheets
Carling Technologies' new Contura VII rocker switch is a softened version of earlier Contura styles featuring gently curved corners and edges assuring compatibility with most any panel design. Intuitive feel is maximized by the use of 2 embossed circular pads located at opposite ends of the rocker. Any combination of Bar or Oval style lenses can be located in the pads providing a truly unique look, exclusive to Contura VII.
- Maximum sealing protection with dual seals around lamps and rocker stem certified to IP66 & IP68. Optional panel seals for additional protection.
- Silver plated butt contact mechanism provides 50 to 100 thousand electrical cycles and a variety of different electrical ratings.
- Roller pin mechanism does not require lubricants and allows the switch to withstand extreme temperatures.
- The switch base accommodates up to 10 terminals and a large variety of switch and lighting circuits.
- The multi-step mounting wings provide a secure fit for panel thicknesses of 0.032” thru 0.250” in an industry standard 0.830” x 1.450” mounting hole.
- The switch connector allows the user to preload FQC terminals for easy assembly to switch base.
- Numerous choices of removable rockers allow for style change without having to retest or re-qualify the switch base.
- Illumination options are endless with bar, oval, and square lenses available in choices of incandescent, neon and a wide variety of LEDs including superbrite, megabrite, flashing and bicolor lighting.
- Available with a variety of complimentary mounting panels, hole plugs, illuminated indicators and boots to accommodate most any design need.
Honeywell’s SMART Position Sensors are some of the most durable, adaptable, and lightweight absolute position sensors available in the industry, enabling highly accurate motion control and improving operation efficiency and safety.
Why is the SMART Position Sensor smart? SMART means that this is a sensor that can essentially think for itself. With the SMART position technology, Honeywell has utilized MR (magnetoresistive) technology through the ASIC (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit) at a level never before accomplished. The rotary configuration joins Honeywell’s SMART Position Sensor family of proven linear and arc configurations.
The SMART Position Sensor, Rotary Configuration, is a non-contacting sensing solution for absolute position sensing with enhanced accuracy. It senses the position of a magnet relative to the sensor in a range of 0º to 360º.
Honeywell uses a patented combination of an ASIC and an array of MR sensors to accurately and reliably determine the position of a magnet collar attached to a rotating object so that the object’s position can be determined or controlled. The output and the MR sensor sequence determine the nearest pair of MR sensors to the center of the magnet location. The output of these two MR sensors is then used to determine the position of the magnet between them.
The SMART Position Sensor, Rotary Configuration, fits on a 25,4 mm [1 in] shaft. A mounting tool fixture (purchased separately) provides repeatable installation.
- Non-contact design: Eliminates mechanical failure mechanisms, reducing wear, which improves reliability and durability, and minimizes downtime
- Combined patented MR sensor and ASIC technology provides absolute position sensing:
- Helps OEMs reduce warranty costs because they don’t have to replace worn or broken component parts
- Helps end-users reduce downtime due to fewer calibration requirements
- No internal moving parts: Automotive-grade potting makes the sensor more resistant to vibration, shock, and extreme temperatures, improving reliability
- Repeatable output: Occurs within a 3,0 mm ±2,0 mm [0.118 in ±0.079 in] air gap between the sensor and magnet collar, expanding application opportunities
- High accuracy: Measures values down to 0.01º; better sensor accuracy can provide better system accuracy in the application
- IP67 and IP69K sealing: Allows for use in harsh environments such as dust, immersion up to 1 m [39.37 in] of water for 30 minutes, and high pressure water sprays
- High shock and vibration resistance: Allows for use in a wide variety of tough applications
- Minimal signal error: Exists up to 2,50 mm [0.10 in] of radial error, simplifying design-in
- RoHS-compliant: Materials meet Directive 2002/95/EC
Honeywell’s Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensors: NBP Series Uncompensated/Unamplified are designed for customers who require a simple, cost-effective, basic performance, mV output, unamplified, uncompensated, high quality, high resolution solution for medical and industrial applications.
These unamplified and uncompensated sensors offer infinite resolution of the pressure signal. They will operate as specified from -40 °C to 125 °C [-40 °F to 257 °F].
The NBP Series is ideal for those who want to do their own compensation, calibration, and amplification in order to make use of the maximum resolution of the bare sensor output, leveraging a custom algorithm required for the application.
Additionally, the NBP Series offers several package styles and mounting options, making it easier for device manufacturers to integrate the product into their applications.
The NBP Series measures absolute and gage pressures. The absolute versions have an internal vacuum reference and an output value proportional to absolute pressure. Gage versions are referenced to atmospheric pressure and provide an output proportional to pressure variations from atmosphere.
The NBP Series sensors are intended for use with noncorrosive, non-ionic gases, such as air and other dry gases and for non-corrosive, non-ionic liquids. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001.
Honeywell Sensing & Control NBP Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensors
Honeywell Sensing & Control Technical Datasheets
Crydom, a brand of Custom Sensors & Technologies (CST) and global expert in Solid Switching Technology, introduces the “HDC Series” of high current DC Output Contactors. The HDC Series extends Crydom’s extensive range of DC Output Solid State Controls up to 160 amps at 200 VDC in a 40°C ambient. Featuring a robust encapsulated plastic package with large power terminals, the HDC Series includes a heavy duty aluminum base plate for superior thermal performance and easy mounting to a heat sink, panel or backplane.
The HDC Series incorporates Crydom’s advanced high speed DC switching circuit and low power dissipation Power FETs for optimum performance to deliver superior DC load control including PWM in many applications such as solar arrays, packaging machinery, automotive accessories, recreational vehicles and accessories, marine applications, process controls, power supplies, etc. A logic compatible 4.5 to 32 VDC control input or a 90 to 140 VAC input, both with LED input status indicator, offer low power consumption control as well as 2.5 Kv Optical isolation for superior surge protection.
Available in either a 120 or 160 amp output rating, the HDC Series is housed in an industry standard 75 x 105 mm package with .375 inch/9.52 mm screw terminals and is available with optional installed thermal interface pad. Crydom HDC Series DC Output Contactors are CE certified to both the Low Voltage and EMC Directives, RoHS & China RoHS compliant.
Crydom HDC High Current DC Output Contactors
Crydom Technical Datasheets