Pepperl+Fuchs introduces the AS-Interface Handheld VBP-HH1-V3.0-110V addressing device for AS-Interface specification 3.0. This easy-to-use AS-Interface programming tool can be used to program and test the functionality of AS-Interface slaves, provide permanent data exchange with AS-Interface slaves, support data exchange with 4E4A slaves in extended addressing mode, and indicate the safety code for AS-Interface Safety-at-Work slaves.
“These programmers don’t stop at addressing. In fact many significant functions, including reading inputs and setting outputs, can be performed remotely with the handheld. For instance, if a user is in the field and isn’t sure if a valve is working properly he can disconnect the valve from the network and replace it with the programmer. After doing so the handheld will automatically provide the address and go to data mode where the valve can be stroked and the limit switches can be read directly on the display,” says Tim Cicerchi, Product Manager, Industrial Bus and ID Systems, Pepperl+Fuchs.
The AS-Interface 3.0 Handheld is an enhancement to the company’s version 2.1 programmer, and offers a number of significant new features, including:
- Support for specification 3.0 profiles, with the ability to set outputs on 4in/4out modules with extended addressing
- Extended “power-on” time to support the programming of safe output modules
- Ability to read the safety sequence from safety input modules
- Semi-automatic addressing, where the unit stores previously programmed addresses for quick programming of an entire network, while minimizing the chance of a duplicate address
- Faster address programming, where arrow keys and a program button are the sole requirements to set the module address
These battery-powered (battery charger included) handheld programmers provide short circuit and overload protection of the slave connection. They are IP20 protected and rated for use in temperatures ranging from 0 … 40°C (32 … 104°F).
Pepperl+Fuchs is a world leader in the design, manufacture and application of high quality factory and process automation products and services. Pepperl+Fuchs pioneered the development of proximity sensors 50 years ago, and has set the standard for innovation and quality ever since.
Pepperl+Fuchs, 1600 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, OH 44087; (330) 486-0001; fax: (330) 405-4710; email@example.com; www.pepperl-fuchs.us.
Pepperl+Fuchs AS-I 3.0 Programming Device